Red Dead Redemption 2

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Ascender »

So this seems to have been hailed as the second coming and I have to admit looks pretty amazing. So in the well-established tradition of buying too many games and only scratching the surface of a few of them, I'm going to get this and saddle up later on.

Anyone else picked it up or downloaded it yet?
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Mito Man »

My copy should be delivered today but I think the update is so big I can’t play it till tomorrow. They say the game is so detailed that you can see the horses testicals expand and contract through the seasons :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Does that add to the gameplay?

I can't really see the point of GTA on horses so doubt I'll get this, except as a taster of what GTA 6 might be like.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Knowing Rockstar I wouldn’t be surprised if the testical size is related to horse stamina or speed!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 am Does that add to the gameplay?

I can't really see the point of GTA on horses so doubt I'll get this, except as a taster of what GTA 6 might be like.
Did you see that Houser hinted that the next GTA is going to be 5 or 6 years away. He said that he's glad they won't be releasing a GTA during the Trump era as it's too hard to satire.

I never liked RDR and I'm trying to stay away from giant AAA games just now so I'm probably not going to get it.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Same as jobbo really. It looks pretty but I have no desire to play GTA on horses.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I can well believe GTA6 will be many years away. The big thing must be mapping the real world so thoroughly, and it wouldn't be GTA6 if they didn't take GTA5's representation of LA and improve upon that somewhere else, somehow.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Controls feel wuite clunky and I’ve completed 8% in less than 2 hours and half of that must have been cut scenes. Think the last one had a better story.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:50 pm Controls feel quite clunky
Im finding them a bit confusing, and everything is clunky, for sure, especially walking around inside buildings
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The buttons and combinations are non-sensical at times. I can’t figure out how to replenish the camp with medicine or ammo - spent today hunting and dropping off deer but the camp still seems hungry.
Crafting also seems like a faff but there’s enough supplies to be looted for now - tried to upgrade my satchel but no idea where to find all the ingredients. Upgrading ammunition to split point one by one is a chore.
Quite a steep learning curve too, kept wondering why my rifle was so crap all of a sudden and turns out I need to clean it. Might need to watch some YouTube videos.

The game is wonderfully gory though and downright hilarious at times, saw a poor bastard get kicked in the head by his own horse and die instantly and another dragged off and eaten by wolves. Asked for a lift on a stagecoach, somehow scared the driver off mid journey who got ran over by the coach then I ended up with bounty :roll: :lol:

Definitely a game to take slowly and it’s a bit Sims like with all the character management you have to do.
ste

Post by ste »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:01 am The buttons and combinations are non-sensical at times. I can’t figure out how to replenish the camp with medicine or ammo - spent today hunting and dropping off deer but the camp still seems hungry.
Crafting also seems like a faff but there’s enough supplies to be looted for now - tried to upgrade my satchel but no idea where to find all the ingredients. Upgrading ammunition to split point one by one is a chore.
Quite a steep learning curve too, kept wondering why my rifle was so crap all of a sudden and turns out I need to clean it. Might need to watch some YouTube videos.

The game is wonderfully gory though and downright hilarious at times, saw a poor bastard get kicked in the head by his own horse and die instantly and another dragged off and eaten by wolves. Asked for a lift on a stagecoach, somehow scared the driver off mid journey who got ran over by the coach then I ended up with bounty :roll: :lol:

Definitely a game to take slowly and it’s a bit Sims like with all the character management you have to do.
Are you taking the piss?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nope. More random stuff I’ve found - you can wash your character and you need to keep your horse clean/brushed or it tires out faster.

On the plus side you can finally do what finally steal and drive trains again. This game desperately needs an airplane for exploration - shame they didn’t exist back then.
bobnaldo

Post by bobnaldo »

I got my copy on Friday and a tweet I saw over the weekend describes it pretty well, "RDR2 is both amazing and not fun". Seems to be loads of time sat on horses, 2 minutes of fighting, then ages on a horse again, no wonder the car got invented.

For me, Farcry 5 is much better.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I'm waiting for the Back To The Future Part III DLC with the flying Deluxo.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I am enjoying it more as the character and horse get better abilities. I’ve read you get fast travel unlocked after about 10-20 hours in game but I reckon you’re meant to explore by horse as all the random side missions which seem more enjoyable than the main ones start off by meeting a stranger in the middle of nowhere.

I think this game is so in depth and detailed that it’s quite alienating and a chore at first, till you get into it properly but the flip side is they’ve probably made this to tide people over until the next GTA which is 5 years away - so it needs 5 years worth of content to build on with future updates. Just not sure how they can make it as fun when you’re limited to just horses and pre 1900s weapons.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

As ever - things were better when I were a lad.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Call of Juarez Blood in Bound was a solid Western shooter - actually I can’t remember the single player but the online multiplayer was a right laugh.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am

As ever - things were better when I were a lad.
I preferred "Mad Dog McCree" in all its video, light-gun glory:

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Anyway, for RDR2....it's an interesting one. I'm about 8 hours in, and it's still verryyyy slow paced. I'm kinda enjoying it, but also not. TBH I'll probably just complete the main story, then see if I can still sell it for decent cash.
ste

Post by ste »

This thread is fucking hilarious.