Windows 10 limited guest accounts

RobYob

Windows 10 limited guest accounts

Post by RobYob »

FOR FUCKS SAKE MICROSLOP!!!

Wasted a morning trying to do what should be five minutes work.

Step 1. Create a limited guest/kids PC account (no I don't want to create an online login for them, that's to whoel point MS fucktards)
Step 2. Tick a list of programs they are allowed to access. Office, Painting or CAD programs that's it. Not net, no games, very simple!
Step 3. Go back to building my Lego GT3.

So far have checked the "assigned access" shit and it will only allow access to one app store program so GIMP or Krita are out.
"Family option" no I DO NOT want to create kids' outlook accounts just so I can limited there PC access.

Oh and fucking Cortana has come back on my machine and will not fucking die.

FUCK!
integrale_evo

Re: Windows 10 limited guest accounts

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, it's a pain in the hoop, I tried to set up the pc I've been building for my step son and it wants to create accounts or set passwords for everything, until I looked and found you could just click past it so now everyone has their own account with no password.

It still automatically logs back into which ever account was used last at start up.

Win 7 would just go to a nice list of users to chose at every restart. Apparently 10 can't do something this simple without registry mods.

I looked at setting up limited accounts but that looked even more effort.
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

We'll I thought I was on to something with local security policies.

I could alledgedly block all tasks from certain user groups, then put in exception rules to allow certain file paths to run.

PITY IT IS BUGGY AS FUCK!

Thought I'd got it nailed then discovered that bloody MS Edge internet browser was somehow a fucking unexplained exception to the lockdown.

Further I discovered logging back in as admin the local security policy was now locking me out of local security policy.

Thank fuck I could get out of that farce by running secpol.msc from the command line.

Jesus fucking wept it's like being back in DOS except now with utterly opaque and even buggier systems.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

The randomly-switching-itself-off-to-update pisses me off. :evil: