Squeezebox for sale

DeskJockey

Squeezebox for sale

Post by DeskJockey »

Are any of you still using them? Don't need mine after switching to Chromecast.

Wired, silver v3. It has a few scratches, but works fine otherwise. Comes with power supply and remote. Can put some pictures up if anyone is interested.

£75ish + S&H.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
DaveE

Re: Squeezebox for sale

Post by DaveE »

I replaced mine with some Raspberry Pi/Hifi Berry things (super-simple setup and no need for a SB remote which I always thought was the biggest weakness in their hardware players - that you couldn't set them up without a working remote)

I'm quite tempted by yours though - if only so I can have it showing the VU needles when listening to music! :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:24 pm Don't need mine after switching to Chromecast.
Great little devices, aren't they.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:24 pm Don't need mine after switching to Chromecast.
Great little devices, aren't they.
I'm very impressed. Will probably get a speaker as well. Not as slick as Sonos, but at £30 it is difficult to argue with.
---
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I have mine plugged into the back of my AV receiver. That plus a tablet running Plex and you're good to go.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Speaking of Chromecast/Audio, I might have to give this a go:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t&hl=en_GB

Should stream all my music from the NAS to a Chromecast - if so this will be very handy for the kitchen/bedroom etc.

The above is of particular interest to me as a) it supports FLAC b) it supports large libraries apparently and c) it supports ReplayGain*

* everything I have is tagged with ReplayGain and it just makes life easier, not having to adjust the volume for every track**

** having said that, more modern music with massive compression will always cause problems when played back-to-back with older, less compressed music
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

I am disappointed by the negligible concertina/accordion content in this thread.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

PreacherCain wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am I am disappointed by the negligible concertina/accordion content in this thread.
Sorry to disappoint.
---
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

PreacherCain wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am I am disappointed by the negligible concertina content in this thread.