Pc games - what have I missed ( last ten years or so... )

integrale_evo

Re: Pc games - what have I missed ( last ten years or so... )

Post by integrale_evo »

I've avoided the assetto games so far as I'm still really enjoying forza 7, and like to get my full monies worth before buying another similar title.

Do fancy dirt rally 2. The original seemed to be very popular so I'm hoping they haven't messed things up on the new one.
Cheers, Harry
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm The Xbone will let you install any Xbox 360 games you bought digitally that will run on the newer console which is cool.

I've been playing through Fallout 3 again, 10 years old now :shock:. Still a brilliant game.
Does it allow you to download new Xbox 360 download codes on the XB One ?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not sure but you can buy 360 game through the store front so it might be worth a go.
An absolute unit
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:44 pm and you will end up listening to Christian music for the entire duration. This ends up getting annoying as it’s very much rinse and repeat gameplay and every cutscene has this music.
Catchy innit.

Had a go on Just Cause 4 yet?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

unzippy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:55 am
Mito Man wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:44 pm and you will end up listening to Christian music for the entire duration. This ends up getting annoying as it’s very much rinse and repeat gameplay and every cutscene has this music.
Catchy innit.

Had a go on Just Cause 4 yet?
No it’s had too many poor reviews. I’ll give it a go when I can pick it up for £10.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, most of the reviews don't rate it too well compared to 3, plus in the comparisons I've seen the graphics are uglier but far more demanding in the hardware.

Might give it a go when they've patched it a few times and it's a lot cheaper. Still got loads left to do on 3 too.

I'm quite glad I bought GTA v again, it feels quite a lot different to my older versions, the cars feel a lot quicker and seem to have more momentum, plus I keep spotting loads of new ones, and 1st person really changes the game.

It's quite demanding though, it was running fine, then after a 1gb patch started crashing anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes into a game. Eventually it crashed to a green screen with a core clock error. I've dialed the cpu back from 4.6 to 4.5 and it's been fine since.

Must be something specific in the game that was upsetting it as its been rock solid at 4.6 for a few months with plenty of game time plus benchmarks and stress tests.

I'd quite like to try some of the realism mods to make the car look like the real ones why're obviously based on. Anyone tried any? Any negatives like not being able to receive updates or play online? I don't want anything that's going to change the gameplay, just the car models.
Cheers, Harry