Forza Horizon 4

User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 1017
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by integrale_evo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Mito Man wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:38 am

On a random note The Grand Tour are developing a game based on the show, there’s not much info on it besides a few twitter posts and pre-order links on amazon but I can’t imagine it being any good!
I doubt they're making one from the ground up so will probably depend which developer is making it and which existing game they're reskinning.
Cheers, Harry

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:22 pm

ZedLeg wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am
I don't know why everyone still harks back to TDU, it was fun but the car handling was shite.

I don't think anyone (including GT and the likes of Assetto Corso) manages to make cars as fun to drive as the Forza games.
FH4’s handling is better for sure but I wouldn’t call TDU shite. I remember the Caterham in TDU was particularly sweet to drive.

Another thing I liked about TDU was the bikes. They’re actually fun to ‘ride’ and unlike many other bike games, not difficult. Casual gamers like myself just want to ‘pick up and go’ and have some fun rather than investing a lot of time and still just to be mediocre.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Mito Man » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 pm

If you want a fun bike game try out Ride - I think it was free for PS Plus members so I downloaded it and really enjoyed it despite not being into bikes at all. It’s Forza for bikes basically.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Coaster1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:22 pm
ZedLeg wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am
I don't know why everyone still harks back to TDU, it was fun but the car handling was shite.

I don't think anyone (including GT and the likes of Assetto Corso) manages to make cars as fun to drive as the Forza games.
FH4’s handling is better for sure but I wouldn’t call TDU shite. I remember the Caterham in TDU was particularly sweet to drive.

Another thing I liked about TDU was the bikes. They’re actually fun to ‘ride’ and unlike many other bike games, not difficult. Casual gamers like myself just want to ‘pick up and go’ and have some fun rather than investing a lot of time and still just to be mediocre.
It's been a long time since I played it but I remember the driving physics being a bit rudimental and it getting a pass on that because of the open world. Lumpy wooden suspension and that feeling that cars steered around a centre point in the car rather than from the wheels that a lot of the less good driving games have, it wasn't up to the standards of PGR3 or Forza 2. I remember trying to drive anything really fast over the mountain roads was pretty miserable as the cars would bounce all over the place.

I did play it loads at the time. Found all the barn find cars, unlocked all the dealerships, probably bought all the houses too. TDU2 was a proper mess though, it was just broken.
An absolute unit

DaveE
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by DaveE » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Well, I dropped off FH4 to my nephew on Friday evening and he was made up.

He texted me over the weekend to tell me how good it is.

Apparently he's looking forward to playing it with me - being a good Uncle, how could I refuse? ;)

Thanks for the advice...

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:35 pm

ZedLeg wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:35 pm
TDU2 was a proper mess though, it was just broken.
Yeah, never bothered with it.

User avatar
ShockDiamonds
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ShockDiamonds » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Still picking this up once or twice a week, enjoying it, and trying to set a decent time around the Goliath circuit is a good challenge.

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Switched on the Xbox for the first time since October.

Downloading the expansion pack now.... let’s see what’s it all about.

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

I'm still playing this almost daily. I finished the treasure hunt on Fortune Island which gives you a very useful £10mil and I've just been spending that on modding cars.

I bought FM7 as it was cheap but I've not really looked at it.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 am

ZedLeg wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am
I'm still playing this almost daily. I finished the treasure hunt on Fortune Island which gives you a very useful £10mil and I've just been spending that on modding cars.

I bought FM7 as it was cheap but I've not really looked at it.
After not playing for a few months, yesterday there were 20 superspins and 8 regular spins waiting for me. I think I won about 18 cars and £2 millions in total. Best of the lot were Ferrari FXX and 360 CS 8-)

They should add Knockhill circuit in expansion pack 2.

Got FM7 as part of the bundle, again not played for a while but it’ll be useful for when I want to learn Silverstone and Spa.

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:26 pm

I've been collecting all the wide body kits. I just need to get my drift level up so I can get the E46 M3 and I'll have them all.

Rocket Bunny E36 with a RB26 is my current favourite.
An absolute unit

DaveE
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by DaveE » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm

I spent an hour or so playing this with my nephew the other day.

IMO it's bloody brilliant. I loved it.

Driving up to and around Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland (my Nan lived in the castle as a little girl) was incredible.

It could tempt me back into a games console - the only annoyance being (I think) that you have to win/buy cars etc and unlock things?

If everything was open and accessible from the get-go, I'd be quite tempted...

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 pm

DaveE wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm
It could tempt me back into a games console - the only annoyance being (I think) that you have to win/buy cars etc and unlock things?

If everything was open and accessible from the get-go, I'd be quite tempted...
It’s not bad actually, you can accumulate £££ quite easily if you follow the ‘storyline’.

Even easier if you have the ‘ultimate’ version of the game (double the in-game credits IIRC)

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Not played in a while; switched it on today and noticed the new ‘Horizon Convoy’ button :? :?:

Also new Porsche 992 and 968 Turbo S 8-)

User avatar
ShockDiamonds
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ShockDiamonds » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 pm

ETS2 has taken over my gaming life, so FH4 hasn't received much of a look in for ages.

tim
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 am

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by tim » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

ShockDiamonds wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 pm
ETS2 has taken over my gaming life, so FH4 hasn't received much of a look in for ages.
Thanks for the update. Keep on truckin'.

User avatar
ShockDiamonds
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ShockDiamonds » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:38 pm

tim wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 pm
ETS2 has taken over my gaming life, so FH4 hasn't received much of a look in for ages.
Thanks for the update. Keep on truckin'.
I am a trucker. And I like to truck.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1636
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Simon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:50 pm

ShockDiamonds wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:38 pm
tim wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 pm
ETS2 has taken over my gaming life, so FH4 hasn't received much of a look in for ages.
Thanks for the update. Keep on truckin'.
I am a trucker. And I like to truck.
Did you get going on ATS too?
The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
ShockDiamonds
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ShockDiamonds » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Simon wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:50 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:38 pm
tim wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm


Thanks for the update. Keep on truckin'.
I am a trucker. And I like to truck.
Did you get going on ATS too?
Yes played it until switching to ETS2. The latter seems better, smoother gameplay despite the same hardware and the modding scene is far more extensive.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 1636
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Simon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:32 am

Prepare for a Lego themed expansion

The artist formerly known as _Who_

Post Reply