Forza Horizon 4

DaveE
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by DaveE » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks for the info...

I'm not sure they've got an amazing broadband connection - it's "average" I'd say.

I think I'll go for the physical media - just to check though - could he play it straight away, before any pending downloads?

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to have to wait...

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Mito Man » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:16 pm

If he disconnects his xbox from the internet before installing the CD he can play as soon as it’s installed, otherwise it forces you to do an update but I don’t think the Horizon one was too big.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Mito Man wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:16 pm
If he disconnects his xbox from the internet before installing the CD he can play as soon as it’s installed, otherwise it forces you to do an update but I don’t think the Horizon one was too big.
It was 20-odd Gb of update when I first installed mine.

DaveE
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by DaveE » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Mito Man wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:16 pm
If he disconnects his xbox from the internet before installing the CD he can play as soon as it’s installed, otherwise it forces you to do an update but I don’t think the Horizon one was too big.
Thanks, handy to know

User avatar
davecG60
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm
Location: High Peaky

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by davecG60 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:47 am

Just started playing this via the Ms Game pass thing.
I've got to Winter season, is there a time in the game where the club's become available ?
I've tried searching via the Xbox app and can't find you scoundrels.
Ps game epic, mk2 golf with widebody is a hoot.
Cockwobble

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:00 pm

davecG60 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:47 am
Just started playing this via the Ms Game pass thing.
I've got to Winter season, is there a time in the game where the club's become available ?
I've tried searching via the Xbox app and can't find you scoundrels.
Ps game epic, mk2 golf with widebody is a hoot.
I think you have to complete a certain level before you’re in sync regarding season, perhaps then the ‘club’ will be available? Not 100% sure.

Search for ‘OV9!’; I haven’t played for a while but Matty is admin so he can approve requests etc if I’m not online first.

DaveE
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by DaveE » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:14 am

Sorry, another question (as you can tell, I know nothing about the world of gaming)

I see there are Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate editions of this.

Only the former appears to be available as physical media though - from what I can see on Amazon anyway.

I don't suppose there's a "best of both worlds" where I can get him the disc (so he can unwrap and play it immediately) and I could then give him some money to upgrade that to the Ultimate version?

(This is all assuming that paying extra for the Ultimate version is even worth it - I have no idea what the benefits are!)

User avatar
Zonda_
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Zonda_ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 am

The Ultimate edition comes with extra download content and more cars and a book that if he'd anything like my nephew will not even be opened! Imo you're better off getting him the standard game and paying for a season pass. This will let him get all the download content as it is released,

DaveE
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by DaveE » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Zonda_ wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 am
The Ultimate edition comes with extra download content and more cars and a book that if he'd anything like my nephew will not even be opened! Imo you're better off getting him the standard game and paying for a season pass. This will let him get all the download content as it is released,
Thanks, much appreciated...

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:53 pm

If anyone was thinking about getting this the console bundle has £70 off for black friday. I bought one at lunch time.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Not played in 6 weeks :lol:

As I get older my attention span ge

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Enjoying the game. Made a Chevy Gasser.
92CDEE71-5E8C-4C54-AD22-07E0634D1379.jpeg
92CDEE71-5E8C-4C54-AD22-07E0634D1379.jpeg (260.2 KiB) Viewed 478 times
It doesn’t work in the snow.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Mito Man » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Coaster1 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 pm
Not played in 6 weeks :lol:

As I get older my attention span ge
Yeah I think the changing seasons killed it for me. Driving in the wet and snow gets boring quickly.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
Brannen
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Brannen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 am

I feel like I've done everything on the game pretty much as well now. I've got a few drift zones and danger signs / jumps to complete, but it feels like I've done all the races and have 3 stars on pretty much everything. Collected all the boards etc. Doesn't seem to have any longevity this year disappointingly.

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 am

They'll be adding new race series and so on as time goes on apparently. Really jumping on the live services bandwagon.

This is the first one I've played since the original on 360 but it seems like the focus has moved from racing to collecting and modding cars. I like that though.
An absolute unit

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Mito Man » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 am

They add new races each week when the seasons change but what pissed me off was that to participate in some of them you have to have DLC cars - so really it’s just another way of trying to get you to purchase DLC.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Coaster1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:02 am

Mito Man wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:45 pm
Coaster1 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 pm
Not played in 6 weeks :lol:

As I get older my attention span ge
Yeah I think the changing seasons killed it for me. Driving in the wet and snow gets boring quickly.
For me I still think Test Drive Unlimited was more fun. I like where one could go on a cruise with random people online, whereas in FH4 the other online players are ‘ghosts’ unless racing.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Mito Man » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:38 am

Coaster1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:02 am
Mito Man wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:45 pm
Coaster1 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 pm
Not played in 6 weeks :lol:

As I get older my attention span ge
Yeah I think the changing seasons killed it for me. Driving in the wet and snow gets boring quickly.
For me I still think Test Drive Unlimited was more fun. I like where one could go on a cruise with random people online, whereas in FH4 the other online players are ‘ghosts’ unless racing.
Yep, going cross country with a few mates racking up the miles on the odo of your favourite car 8-)
The fact you couldn’t see or buy any car at will made it more fun too, actually going to car dealerships to have to hunt that rare car or search out that used car. I’m surprised that Horizon being open world still uses the standard racing interface for purchasing cars.

Also property purchases made sense as that’s how you got your parking spaces, can’t see the point of them in Horizon. Remember organising the cars so they suited the property locations. Supercars for the motorways and nimble light cars for the tight mountain roads, with the odd convertible for the beach runs.

In many ways The Crew 2 feels more of a successor to TDU in terms of how the open world works and how you interact with other players with the same rubbish handling and modification :lol:

On a random note The Grand Tour are developing a game based on the show, there’s not much info on it besides a few twitter posts and pre-order links on amazon but I can’t imagine it being any good!
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by ZedLeg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

I don't know why everyone still harks back to TDU, it was fun but the car handling was shite.

I don't think anyone (including GT and the likes of Assetto Corso) manages to make cars as fun to drive as the Forza games.
An absolute unit

User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 1017
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by integrale_evo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Agree entirely, the forza games just seem to do such a good job of conveying the weight, grip and balance of the cars.

Realistic enough for nerds without being impossible to pick up for newbs. The gt games on the other hand keep claiming the handling is more realistic than the last but have been getting less and less fun, with the cars somehow managing to be both slow, wooden and unresponsive and super twitchy at the same time :lol:
Cheers, Harry

Post Reply