Forza Horizon 4

NotoriousREV

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by NotoriousREV »

My 7 year old completed the demo on Saturday. He can't wait for the full version!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

If I'd seen that bundle a month ago I probably wouldn't have spent a fortune on my pc 😂

I don't even need 4K but wouldn't be able to buy a normal Xbox when the x exists 🙄
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm If I'd seen that bundle a month ago I probably wouldn't have spent a fortune on my pc 😂
If the new game wasn’t based in Scotland I wouldn’t have bothered.

I resisted the whole Horizon series thus far, and FM5/6. The last games I played was FM4 and GTA5 four years ago on 360 :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The original Horizon was my favourite of the 360 driving games and the sequels are the only things that ever tempt me into looking at Xbones. I'll probably talk about getting myself one of weeks then forget about it like I did with the last one.

I just don't have time for more than one console these days, I struggle to play all the games that I'm interested in on PS4.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:01 pm The original Horizon was my favourite of the 360 driving games and the sequels are the only things that ever tempt me into looking at Xbones. I'll probably talk about getting myself one of weeks then forget about it like I did with the last one.

I just don't have time for more than one console these days, I struggle to play all the games that I'm interested in on PS4.
The fact that it's basically TDU2 vs Horizons means I know me and the kids will love it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s always fun to drive around places you recognise in games as well.

I never got bored of donutting Ferraris outside my front door in Project Gotham 2 :lol:
An absolute unit
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm The fact that it's basically TDU2 vs Horizons means I know me and the kids will love it.
Can’t remember why but I never played TDU2 much, but the original TDU was great. I was never much of an online gamer but its single player / offline mode was fun.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Reviews are starting to come out. Guess I’ll be buying this then! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm The fact that it's basically TDU2 vs Horizons means I know me and the kids will love it.
Can’t remember why but I never played TDU2 much, but the original TDU was great. I was never much of an online gamer but its single player / offline mode was fun.
It was a great game as it had an element of reality, like GTA minus the killing. You bought properties, went to car dealers to buy cars, had a customisable character, the whole of Oahu and Ibeza to explore... I remember the handling was diabolically awful though, and not just in an arcade way type awful.
Shame the series never caught on though.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

TDU 2 was broken when it first came out.

I remember exactly when I stopped playing it. I'd just gone back to Hawaii and got myself a lovely yellow Ferrari 308. The car clipped through the map and crashed the game and because the autosave also didn't work properly I Iost about two hours of progress. I turned it off and never went back to it.

I think I may have returned it.
An absolute unit
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I remember the original TDU being really good. Echoing Mito, I thought the handling ruined TDU2, gave up playing it. But it could be rose tinted glasses for the original TDU, as can't remember how the cars handled.

FH4 Ultimate edition is playable from Friday!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Having played the demo and forza 7 back to back, horizon is definitely the prettier game. The lighting in forza is a bit weird, some times the cars can look ultra realistic with glossy paint and glass, other times on different circuits they can look really plain and flat, almost cartoon like. Be nice if they could inject a bit of the horizon 'pop' into motorsport to make it feel a bit more fresh and modern without having to dumb it down.

I thought the original horizon on 360 was good, but didn't buy it until I'd pretty much stopped using the 360 for games so never really got into it although I remember that looking great for a 360 era game too.
Cheers, Harry
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Brannen wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:06 pm I remember the original TDU being really good. Echoing Mito, I thought the handling ruined TDU2, gave up playing it. But it could be rose tinted glasses for the original TDU, as can't remember how the cars handled.

I don't remember the TDU2 handling being terrible on the XBox (360 or One) although it was never Forza or Gran Turismo standard.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:47 pm
Brannen wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:06 pm I remember the original TDU being really good. Echoing Mito, I thought the handling ruined TDU2, gave up playing it. But it could be rose tinted glasses for the original TDU, as can't remember how the cars handled.

I don't remember the TDU2 handling being terrible on the XBox (360 or One) although it was never Forza or Gran Turismo standard.
It was probably Forza spoiling it for me then. I just remember it being overly arcade'y, and not what I expected.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I've just found that bundle of an Xbox X, Forza and Fifa 19 for £409 which seems like a good deal so that's it ordered. Just need to find the right TV now...

I think my gamertag is the same as my login here, so feel free to add me for any Forza-based shenanigans.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:54 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm If I'd seen that bundle a month ago I probably wouldn't have spent a fortune on my pc 😂
If the new game wasn’t based in Scotland I wouldn’t have bothered.

I resisted the whole Horizon series thus far, and FM5/6. The last games I played was FM4 and GTA5 four years ago on 360 :D
Just a heads up that the 911 GT3 is in the latest GT Sport update if you have it.

How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Has anybody signed up for the MS game pass? I know the selection of games are limited, but £7.99 a month seems like an OK price to pay - AAA titles are £50-£60 for the basic editions these days.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah it seems like a good deal, I wish Sony would do something good with PS now. £12 a month for a bunch of old games is not a good deal.

I really wish everyone involved in the games industry wasn't so shit, then we could get a proper "netflix for games" service running.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:41 pm Yeah it seems like a good deal, I wish Sony would do something good with PS now. £12 a month for a bunch of old games is not a good deal.

I really wish everyone involved in the games industry wasn't so shit, then we could get a proper "netflix for games" service running.
I blame Barry.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I assume games get cycled around, but how long will they be available - i.e. will they suddenly take Forza away or is the plan that they're always available?
Cheers,

Mike.