GT Sport

Mito Man

GT Sport

Post by Mito Man »

Anyone still on this?
They’ve been doing big updates once a month with new tracks and cars each time so I still dabble in it. The handling is much better now and it’s getting closer to a finished game over a year later :roll:

Anyway this week they added the 2017 Mercedes F1 car. I just fired it up and did some laps of the Nurburgring in VR trying to see how close I can get to the 919 Tribute time. It’s one hell of an experience, 4 laps later and I’m drenched in sweat, my arms hurt, the wheel has given up as the force feedback has overheated and my head hurts from all the concentration required. Currently on a 6:03.815 with a few spins. I reckon a sub 5:19.5 is possible if you have a lot of free time :lol:

How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Re: GT Sport

Post by ZedLeg »

I bought it cheap a couple of months ago, played it for about a week and never went back to it. Don't know if I'll bother tbh.
An absolute unit
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Do you have to dick about passing licences and winning races to unlock the good stuff?

Or do they "kindly" offer you the opportunity to buy the good stuff now?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The licences are purely optional now. They added a career mode where you need a certain amount of experience to progress to the next tier and so on but it’s not that bad once you get the early races in boring cars out of the way. Earning money is easy for once so it’s quite easy to buy what you want and you get gifted cars quite easily anyway.

I think they’re trying to turn it into a GTA Online type game where they indefinitely update it to keep the “e-sports” gang happy but I mainly use it to hotlap in VR when I need my driving fix now as I’m bored of Forza, bored of Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2 is still an inconsistent handling shit show.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I got a Black Friday deal on the Logitech G29 setup so I've dug GTS out again. I tried just clamping the wheel to the crap coffee table and while it works OK I can't really settle down so I just ordered a stand thingy, to hell with it. That should land next week so I'll have a bash at the game over Xmas break 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I need to give it a whizz again as the latest update had some interesting cars added.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Still dipping into this game over the break, it's far more enjoyable with the wheel/stand setup I must say. Bought a YK spec GT3 which was fun, then immediately won a 997 GT3RS, which is a beast. Then won a race 911 which on my second attempt I managed a 7'14 Ring time, not a great time but I was sweating by the end of that effort :lol:

Grp4 Scirocco is quite handy for a lot of the early races too..

ps: managed to get close to a certain danwebster times on a few things too 8-)
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

The 996 in GT Sport is the inferior Mk1 rather than the ‘1 better’ Mk2. :lol:
Foz

Post by Foz »

Is the G29 still the default go to wheel and pedal set up?

Been eying various things to get back into driving games but I would likely use the eldests PS4..
Barry

Post by Barry »

Foz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 am Is the G29 still the default go to wheel and pedal set up?

Been eying various things to get back into driving games but I would likely use the eldests PS4..
That's the one I have and no complaints so far. I bought the GT Omega stand to go with it, cheaper and smaller than a full seat rig and works fine..

Barry

Post by Barry »

Anyone still dabbling in GTSport?

Latest update, due tomorrow, has Spa Francorchamps. With rain. And a rather cool Merc race car..

8-)

mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Bach pad? ;)

My man space is taken up with a spin bike :(
Barry

Post by Barry »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:02 pm Bach pad? ;)

My man space is taken up with a spin bike :(
Just me in here yeah, it has some perks.

That wheel stand takes up no more room than a dining chair really, I can quickly lift it away from the TV.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

May have a go at it again. Been far too occupied with F1 2019 since it was launched.