Lego

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lego

Post by Jobbo »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:29 pm And there’s the Ferrari F1 car which covers the V10 too.

I think the only one we’re missing is some kind of V16, most likely pop up in an industrial type of set though. I wonder if Lego would ever do a replica diesel train like they have with the Liebherr, Volvo and Mercedes stuff. Could be quite a cool display set thinking about it...
There were Silver Champion and Williams F1 cars which had V10s too, though they were all very similar other than the colour.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Exactly. They could make it a decent size with tonnes of detail and it would be something totally different.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I can imagine the Technic Lego sets in our EV future. They’d be a fucking doddle...
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Have they ever done a large engine on its own like a display model?
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Yes, once, and only sold in the US. Pretty primitive now, but: https://brickset.com/sets/858-1/Auto-Engines
And http://www.technicopedia.com/858.html for some more detail.

I can see merit in doing another, though if you were to scale up the pistons I think the friction may be too great.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

The first Technic set I ever had was 8860 - still on the shelf at home - flat four IIRC, fan, HT leads - epic.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jens Nygaard Knudsen, minifig designer passed away

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... ibute.html
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Just read that...

A mini figure head has been a constant source of entertainment in our house for years. Its never spoken of but is hidden in our living room. When you find it, you hide it again and say nothing.

Little thing but we’ve been playing it for years
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:05 pm Just read that...

A mini figure head has been a constant source of entertainment in our house for years. Its never spoken of but is hidden in our living room. When you find it, you hide it again and say nothing.

Little thing but we’ve been playing it for years
8-)
Barry

Post by Barry »

ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I can think of several people in the family who would love that. All women.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ordered the Fiat 500 yesterday, love it. Added a couple of Brickheadz to get me to the £99 threshold for the free 40tr anniversary train.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Built my Group B Quattro on Sunday night. Nice model. Also got the Fiesta WRC to go with it because of the offers available at the time, and opened that box to find the sticker sheet totally munted. Contacted the supplier who pointed me at Lego dircetly, who, somewhat surprisingly, are sending a new sheet for the kit, plus a new sheet for twin 911 set I got a year ago (also had munted stickers) no questions asked. No proof of purchase necessary, nothing.

Just raised an issue, accepted, sorted and in the post from Denmark to NZ.

Genuinely impressed with that customer service. (Assuming they do actually turn up)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Lego are good at that from what I see on Twitter etc. Same with missing parts too, they'll just send you the bits.

I'm still waiting for my chuffing Quattro(s) to turn up, from our Jan order?! This month I've gone mental and ordered the big Batmobile and the Fiat, just cos I can.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Ikea Kallax with a divider juuuuust fits the GT3 for height although it's too long for the shelf to go agasint the wall without the front wheels hanging in the air.. But now I have room for some more!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Finished the Falcon with my boy a couple of days ago, he immediately started populating it with bloody SuperZings. Philistine. :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've got the Quattro still to build, and a Creator building. And boxes of others..
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’ve threatened to get the Chiron built :oops:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm actually finding I'm quite busy WFH and my free time is still quite limited during the week, so I suspect it'll be the crushing boredom of the weekends that'll get my Lego boxes cracked open. Still haven't built the 911 RSR.

I did have the new Batmobile on order this month but that was obviously canned until we go back into the office.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Organised my Lego wardrobe over the weekend:

M235i