Lego

unzippy

Re: Lego

Post by unzippy »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:49 pm No bad thing as long as you can safely store one of them.
That's the plan ;)
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I have a few sets tucked away but not as many as I’d like. I will probably add a few Defender kits but the ones which will hold the most value are all £300+ new :(
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Fogwarts school of Snitchcraft and Lizardry.

Family lockdown build started last week of April and has occupied our dinning table for over a month. Some bits are so fiddly that we lost interest for a few days. Without numbered bags a fair ammount of time was spent hunting parts (good job for the family's younger eyes) but it's not like we were in a hurry.

Near the end started to struggle with a shortfall of some parts but it's 99.5% complete and nothing irreplaceable was missing.

All the nanofigs are funky and I'm now going to try and track down figures to add in for Hagrid and maybe Grawp (a whole load of trees are in my aliexpress basket for a forbidden forest extention...)

Completely underestimated the size, it's insane. Probably going to need it's own bookcase or something when evicted from the kitchen.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Is that a Lego knock off one?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am Is that a Lego knock off one?
Yes I'm pretty sure it's a Lele "Justice Magician" £125 from Aliepress which wasn't the version I thought I was getting but take your chances on Ali. There's better versions out there from the likes of "King" with numbered bags and reportedly better QC for a touch more.

It does violate my previous tenuous policy of not buying direct ripoffs of Lego designs, but I wanted something the kids could enjoy messing with and the cats could jump on without getting stressed about the cost. :(
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I ordered the Creator pirate ship at about 10am Monday - from the Lego store online to get the free Hot Rod recreation. The original Model Team Hot Rod remains one of my favourite sets.

6 week back order for the pirate ship though, quite amazing when it’s in stock everywhere else! They’d better make sure I get my Hot Rod...
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

unzippy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:54 am
unzippy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 am I think I've lined up a second hand Chiron - quite excited :D
It fell through :evil:

I ended up rage buying 2 new ones off Amazon 🙄😄
Jinxed!

No one was home to sign for your parcel, so we’re taking it to your local Parcel Connect collection point. Please re-visit this page later today to find out where and when to collect your parcel.

Company: Name: David
03/06/2020

11:59:24
Melbourne
Lying fucks, both of us WFH and the doorbell never went :evil:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Ordered the Ducati on 1st June, now back ordered till 1st July :evil:
M235i
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Has anyone picked up a Lambo yet?
Barry

Post by Barry »

It's on my purchase order but until we're back in the office they won't open the orders. I won't be back in the office until at least Nov. :roll:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Barry wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 pm It's on my purchase order but until we're back in the office they won't open the orders. I won't be back in the office until at least Nov. :roll:
Sorry, but that’s quite funny, the one time you need something to do... :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm
Barry wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 pm It's on my purchase order but until we're back in the office they won't open the orders. I won't be back in the office until at least Nov. :roll:
Sorry, but that’s quite funny, the one time you need something to do... :lol:
My addiction needs feeding, I have about £600 worth building up in the order already, and I'm worried some of them will drop out of production before they open the staff orders again #firstworldproblems :cry:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

You’ve saved how much over the years? Might be worth taking a hit on a few key sets now, you’ll still be well up on the deal.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I daren't work out what I've spent tbh, but the stuff in my current list would cost close to a grand at RRP so I'll take my chances on waiting :oops:

Batmobile
Lambo
Ducati
Boba Fett bust
Fiat500
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

My Ducati arrived on cue. That's this weekend sorted.
M235i
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Quite tempted to try one of the £25 aliexpress fiat 500s to be honest.
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I've ordered the £25 knock off Caterham, compared to the price of genuine Lego ones you can't fall off.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Good looking DMC 8-)

IaFG Down Under Division
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Did anybody catch the Lego house walkthrough yesterday? Live on Facebook every Thursday 3.30pm GMT.

Boys watched it and were very excited.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

unzippy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:16 pm Good looking DMC 8-)

Is that an official one?