Lego

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Lego

Post by Ascender »

KiwiDave wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:33 am I accidentally bought the 911 Creator model :D
Its annoying when that happens and somehow Mrs Mike doesn't understand how it happens. But it does.

It did this with the Seinfeld set yesterday.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

If you fancy the Aston I'd grab it while you can, it'll be dropping off Lego main site soon.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

What Aston?
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

I genuinely had to Google 'Lego Aston Martin' to remember what it was - you mean the Bond one right?

I think that's a fugly model personally.
Barry

Post by Barry »

KiwiDave wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:07 am I genuinely had to Google 'Lego Aston Martin' to remember what it was - you mean the Bond one right?

I think that's a fugly model personally.
Yeah, it's not very appealing is it. I haven't bought it, if I see it reduced I might grab it. Next month will be expensive enough as it is.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/jame ... -db5-10262
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I've never understood that Aston model, its just not very pretty is it?

Seinfeld arrived while I was away on my bike trip. My wife tried to return it in my absence but was unable to do so. I'm just back and Home Alone so its getting built tonight.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:13 am Seinfeld arrived while I was away on my bike trip. My wife tried to return it in my absence but was unable to do so.
She didn't know it was arriving? :lol:

Agree on the Aston; no desire at all for that. Having had to move all my unopened Lego from the small spare room to accommodate kittens, I think I need to do the loft conversion before buying any more, anyway.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Seeing reports that they're doing a colour change in the Creator Fiat 500 too, light blue this time. Odd decision but I suppose an easy way to make a few quid.

I've got my order in for the T2 camper and the Technic Recovery truck.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I did like the look of the T2 camper, looks stunning. Not seen the Technic Recovery truck so will get straight on it!

The Seinfeld set is really nice - there's so many little references to the episodes scattered throughout the set - even down to the stickers they've chosen to put on the fridge.
Cheers,

Mike.
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

The Landrover accidentally fell into my shopping basket at the weekend. Money off plus an expiring gift voucher for the store were too good to resist...

That's two kits to build then. Only other one that interests me is the new space shuttle. Must resist or I'll be broke forever.
Barry

Post by Barry »

The Landie is the only big display Lego I have in the lounge still, aside from the bonsai/flowers, which should give you an idea of how "cool" that set is 😎
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

I have to admit, the rave reviews of the build of it have kept niggling away at me. Wasn't gonna bother for ages but you know how a really good build is just a must have...

Looking forward to building it.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Built the shuttle a few weeks back tis :D :D :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Mate in Canada has just started building the Millennium Falcon (all 7541 pieces)! Looks rather big. Guess it is one benefit of working in a Lego store.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Picked up the Dodge Charger last week for £56 when nectar did 15% off ebay - can't imagine it would get any cheaper, built yesterday and its cool also. Now have to put more shelves in my man cave to have them all on display :D
Barry

Post by Barry »

teacherboy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:41 am Now have to put more shelves in my man cave to have them all on display :D
Slippery slope that :D

I have five Billy bookcases already..
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Barry wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:56 pm
teacherboy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:41 am Now have to put more shelves in my man cave to have them all on display :D
Slippery slope that :D

I have five Billy bookcases already..
Five.... :o
But Billy won't handle a GT3.
The Kallax with dividers is a very tight fit.
Barry

Post by Barry »

It should be OK sideways? I haven't built the big models yet, I must admit.. but the Challenger fits easily enough:

(Old pic, the mess on the right has gone, its mirror'd shelves/tables now:

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Barry wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:53 pm It should be OK sideways? I haven't built the big models yet, I must admit.. but the Challenger fits easily enough:
Yeah, you're right, GT3 is about 235mm with mirrors folded, Billy is 250mm wide at the top.

Very cool collection, I'm tempted by the Shuttle with Hubble, annoyed I missed out on the Xmas Gingerbread house from a few years ago because it actually seemed reasonably priced by Lego standards. :)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Blatant whoring of our work, but it's Lego related art least. Our latest trailer.