Lego

Alex_

Re: Lego

Post by Alex_ »

Plan to hang it on the wall :D Order now shipped :)
M235i
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

RobYob wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 am Very very very want.

https://www.vonado.com/moc-world/moc-57 ... 00-qv.html
That's not a bad model, though the side windows are a bit rough. I'd like to see Lego refine it into an Ideas set.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 am
RobYob wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 am Very very very want.

https://www.vonado.com/moc-world/moc-57 ... 00-qv.html
That's not a bad model, though the side windows are a bit rough. I'd like to see Lego refine it into an Ideas set.
Same although Ideas seems to be the place lots of good ideas go to die.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

My order arrived today - have you got yours, Alex and Barry?

Still a lot out of stock on the Lego online store. Seems ridiculous that they keep releasing new sets when they can't fulfil demand for stuff launched in the last few months.
Barry

Post by Barry »

The 2nd of my Jan 1st orders landed finally yes, but my Jan 12th order still in transit, and two more orders are still in warehouse. Not great service, they've clearly not made plans on how to deal with Brexit or something.

Also, I had email notifications on two modular buildings, ordered as soon as they arrived in stock. Next day, they're out of stock again. Lego aren't making big batches it seems. Once my current orders land I'm not bothering again until things speed up.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm My order arrived today - have you got yours, Alex and Barry?
My 2nd January order arrived a few days ago. And yeah, I'm holding off ordering stuff from the EU, bit of a mess right now.
M235i
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm My order arrived today - have you got yours, Alex and Barry?

Still a lot out of stock on the Lego online store. Seems ridiculous that they keep releasing new sets when they can't fulfil demand for stuff launched in the last few months.
I bought a millennium Falcon set last week for my son for his birthday (not the big one!) and says it’s in the warehouse and will be despatched soon. Not sure where that warehouse is situated mind...
mik

Post by mik »

GG. wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:10 am

I bought a millennium Falcon set last week for my son for his birthday (not the big one!) and says it’s in the warehouse and will be despatched soon. Not sure where that warehouse is situated mind...
1. Which birthday is “the big one”?
B. I think the warehouse is on Tatooine?
GG.

Post by GG. »

1. Not his 5th certainly
B. Sounds like I might have to bargain with the Hutts to obtain delivery...
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

All Lego Shop orders come from Denmark, I believe - they're managing expectations by telling you it'll be slow then doing better than they say, but it was a 24-48 hour delivery until the end of 2020 so it's still frustrating.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm finding it takes a week to reach warehouse, then no news for two weeks, then suddenly you'll get an update that it's arriving next day. Expect up to three weeks from order date, at the moment.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Email just received saying its been dispatched and will be here in 2BD. Ordered on the evening of the 19th so 5BD in total (assuming delivery Tuesday).

I've also ordered some teracotta pots to be couriered from Italy so will be interesting to see if they get delayed in transit.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Just had my latest Modular building email - 12Jan order is due Monday 25th. The later one is still "Shipped". And my Pick-a-brick won't go out for a while yet, the website warns that those orders take much longer (understandable, presumably someone has to pick all the bricks manually).

My Fiat500/Bonsai/free Classic Car arrived earlier this week, Creator Corner Garage on its way, as is Bookstore. Kicking myself that I missed out on the Diner set before it was retired last Nov.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

What about looking for a knock off Chinese clone set? For example https://lepinworld.com/shop/lepin-city- ... ego-10260/
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I'd recommend going with a seller like Yourwobb for Chinese bricks.
https://www.yourwobb.com/
I've had good service from them as have most people on the PH Lepin thread.
Jooooooy? :roll: is another well regarded one although I've not bought from them myself.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Considering my work has affiliations with Lego, I think it's best I steer clear of rip-off brands tbh. Interesting to see the price of that though :o

Also, DPD have mailed, my Corner Garage is due lunchtime now, not Monday. Which is nice.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

We currently have the LEGO 'Brickman' exhibition at work - going gangbusters and ticket sales sold out weeks in advance over the Xmas period. Apparently I'm not allowed to photograph and publish pics of most of the models but they're quite impressive - we've got a 10m high rocket in the entrance way and a model of the Americas Cup yacht inbound shortly which will have to come through our studio for photography. The appeal is still there in insane amounts for people of all ages...
Barry

Post by Barry »

AFOL has been legitimised in recent years, Lego themselves now do an adult range. I think they realise that a lot of us loved it as a kid but only now have any real disposable income to spend on it!

My mate who did the Caterham is still involved in the show world AFAIK, he builds trains and military planes too, pretty cool stuff.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm We currently have the LEGO 'Brickman' exhibition at work -
Brickman the judge from Aussie Legomasters? That'd be cool to see.

Both the Aussie and US versions of Legomasters paired very well known comedians with the Lego professionals to host the shows. AFOL definitely a money spinner.

The two series of Aussie Legomasters (renewed for a third) are both excellent and well worth downloading. US series 1 was pretty good too and is also renewed for series 2.