Lego

RobYob

Re: Lego

Post by RobYob »

jamcg wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:22 am
RobYob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 am Those Lancia's are 8-) temptation to rebuild the GT3 as a Stratos moc increasing...

My knock-off Hogwarts finally arrived last week after sitting in the US for three weeks waiting for a plane.

Family is having great fun putting it together and appropriately enough for an extended lockdown project the bags aren't numbered so it takes quite an effort to hunt pieces down :lol:
Got any links?
Stratos moc using the GT3 set.

Knock-off Hogwarts set I took a punt on an Aliexpress seller and it seems to be ok, took a month to get here though and copped some VAT and UPS surcharges, was £152 delivered all up.

I've had better service from this site Yourwobb, well regarded on the Lepin subreddit and he's generally a sure bet vs Aliexpress but he's sold out of the castle atm.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

That Stratos looks better that the GT3
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:59 pm That Stratos looks better that the GT3
In Orange yes. I am reluctant to disassemble my black GT3 though. I'm tempted to get a green or white knock-off to make it.
Barry

Post by Barry »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:01 am I would pay absurd amounts of monies for that as a set :lol:
Count me in. Fantastically accurate set. I'm even excited by the Talbot van ffs :lol:
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Barry wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:16 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:01 am I would pay absurd amounts of monies for that as a set :lol:
Count me in. Fantastically accurate set. I'm even excited by the Talbot van ffs :lol:
I actually can't think of much in the way of motorsport sets that would top that on an appeal front. Anything from rallying isn't as cool, two 22Bs and what kind of boring shitty truck? Maybe 205 T16s but then you'd have two the same unless you got the 405 Pikes Peak car, but then again, no iconic truck? The only thing I think of in the same ballpark is the old Porsche/VW transporter thing with 917s, but as epic as that would be, it's a bit predictable compared to those Lancias.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

That group is a different world :shock:

Quite apart from the amazing talent, there are posts such as:

How many pillow cases (I assume they are meaning the zippable pillow liners) to bag the LEGO in order to run it thought the washing machine?

Bleach Vs UV light to re whiten yellowed bricks?

Amazing.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I'm hoping he's working on a delta S4 next, kind of a hybrid of both 037 layout and delta bodywork 😀
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Using hydrogen peroxide mixtures and uv light to whiten yellowed plastic is pretty common in retro computing and gaming circles, was going to make its way to Lego eventually!
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:00 am Using hydrogen peroxide mixtures and uv light to whiten yellowed plastic is pretty common in retro computing and gaming circles, was going to make its way to Lego eventually!
Is that where Trump got the idea?
mik

Post by mik »

Some reasonably priced artwork for you legolovers.

https://fraser73.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage

For example:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Very nicely done. I'm sure I've seen some other Lego rally car recreations but can't find them again now.
Left over crest; tightens.
mik

Post by mik »

6ft long apparently.

Thought some of you Legeeks might like.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183514146@N05/
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

:shock: That's bananas. Estimated piece count 45,000.

I mentioned it in the TV thread but Season 2 of Lego masters Australia has just finished and was fantastic. More competitive than the UK version but less American than the American version (although to fair I found the Yank version mostly tolerable which is unique to me for American reality TV)

Highly recommend you check it out via VPN with the official catchup channel or ad-free at your most convienient hive of scum and villany. Season 1 of Aussie Lego masters is pretty good as well although one contestant was an intolerable fuckstick, but at least he didn't win.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

mik wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:43 am 6ft long apparently.

Thought some of you Legeeks might like.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183514146@N05/
I thought the official Lego one was nuts :shock:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Barry

Post by Barry »

Fair play, there's some work in that monster. :shock: 8-)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Knock off caterham from China, I was expecting poor quality but really isn’t bad, not quite Lego quality but not far off
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

jamcg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:19 am Image

Knock off caterham from China, I was expecting poor quality but really isn’t bad, not quite Lego quality but not far off
Looks smart that. What did you pay for it, if you don’t mind me asking?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://www.yourwobb.com/products/decoo ... f29d&_ss=r

£24.66 including free delivery. Takes a while as it’s coming from China
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Caterham looks great in blue.

I'm about 60% the way through my knock-off Hogwarts, what a freaking monster. Brick quality is good, most clutch strengths are a bit over what you'd expect from lego. Only under strength joins were some of the little transparent flames so not a major probolem. The lack of numbered bags would be a nightmare under usual circumstances but I don't mind the hunt the brick game so much at the moment.