Lego

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Lego

Post by KiwiDave »

Ascender wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am There was an F40 which has been out of production a while - https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Ferrari-F40-LE ... 7036746514

A good set but not worth paying nearly £200 for; you may find an unopened one on eBay at a more sensible price but you'd have to be alert.
That looks cool actually. Might just have to resign myself to a second hand one, will keep an eye out.
The F40 is a great model, though a little more flimsy than the Caterham and Mustang.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Peoples may be interested in this unofficial set I saw on the PH thread.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Next Creator Expert, Space Shuttle.

https://brickset.com/article/58508/new- ... next-month

At the expensive end but I'm still tempted.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I have the old Discovery Space Shuttle, which is an excellent set, so I won't bother buying this new one.
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

Barry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 pm Next Creator Expert, Space Shuttle.

Yep, that might be my first non-car set bought in about 25yrs. I was fortunate enough to be shown round the Smithsonian's museum by some of their staff where the shuttle is held - seeing it up close left a pretty lasting impression. They could do with a Blackbird spy plane too...
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:50 pm They could do with a Blackbird spy plane too...
You can still get.close enough to the one in Duxford IWM to touch it. 8-)

One day I would love to go to the USAF museum in Dayton to see the only XB70 Valkyrie.

Anyway Lego shuttle, I like it price aside.

I should get my first engineering invoice since October paid in on Friday, so maybe it's time for some more bricks...

I think the 917k is still top of the want list.
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

RobYob wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 pm You can still get.close enough to the one in Duxford IWM to touch it. 8-)
Perks of having a tour of somewhere like that with people that work there, you get pretty good access. ;) The Udvar Hazy centre has a Blackbird. It's very cool. Lego need to do one of those I reckon.

I think that new Space Shuttle will go well next to the new 911 - that will make all three big Lego 911s side by side. I still want the Landrover too but can't bring myself to pay full whack for it - it's pretty much the only kit they never discount here.
GG.

Post by GG. »

We got my son this for his birthday - pretty awesome set!

Downside is its the same price as the Defender which is nowhere near as good value given the Land Rover is a 900 step monster compared to a mere 300 for this.
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

That's not doing my lust for the Landrover any favours. :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:07 pm That's not doing my lust for the Landrover any favours. :lol:
I managed to get the Defender for £80, I'm still building it from Christmas!
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've relented and ordered Winnie the Pooh set this week, and then the Flower Bouquet came back in stock, then I saw the Darth Vader and Scout Trooper busts, then the Probe Droid.

Next few months are going to get costly..

The LR is worth having @KiwiDave It's a fab set and surprisingly large <that's what she said>
KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:01 am I managed to get the Defender for £80, I'm still building it from Christmas!
Fuck. It's $400 here - 200quid basically.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

KiwiDave wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:26 am
Zonda_ wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:01 am I managed to get the Defender for £80, I'm still building it from Christmas!
Fuck. It's $400 here - 200quid basically.
I bought it off Gumtree, new and sealed but technically secondhand.
Barry

Post by Barry »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:50 pm
Barry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 pm Next Creator Expert, Space Shuttle.

Yep, that might be my first non-car set bought in about 25yrs. I was fortunate enough to be shown round the Smithsonian's museum by some of their staff where the shuttle is held - seeing it up close left a pretty lasting impression. They could do with a Blackbird spy plane too...
Just watched the reveal vid/interview. Some very cool details gone into this model, which has just made it even more appealing

Barry

Post by Barry »

Just realised you can pre-order the SW Darth and Scout helmets now.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Not sure how long this is on for, but there's a flash sale at Zavvi with the Land Rover Defender for £115: https://www.zavvi.com/offers/lego.list

Various other decent deals; I'm contemplating the Chiron because I have the Sian and GT3, and missed out on it at just under £200 at Christmas 2019.
ETA: ordered the Chiron from Amazon because it's slightly cheaper.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:25 pm Not sure how long this is on for, but there's a flash sale at Zavvi with the Land Rover Defender for £115: https://www.zavvi.com/offers/lego.list

Various other decent deals; I'm contemplating the Chiron because I have the Sian and GT3, and missed out on it at just under £200 at Christmas 2019.
ETA: ordered the Chiron from Amazon because it's slightly cheaper.
Quite tempted by the 911 RSR for £100
Barry

Post by Barry »

This "Stay at home" dictate lifting can't come soon enough, my boredom Lego purchasing is becoming a serious addiction. Just added the Bugatti to my trolley on Amazon, at that price I feel I *have* to buy it.

Then next week it's the Shuttle, then the two busts later in the month.. and this weekend I've had the Flower Bouquet and Winnie the Pooh delivered. :oops:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Barry wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:18 am This "Stay at home" dictate lifting can't come soon enough, my boredom Lego purchasing is becoming a serious addiction. Just added the Bugatti to my trolley on Amazon, at that price I feel I *have* to buy it.

Then next week it's the Shuttle, then the two busts later in the month.. and this weekend I've had the Flower Bouquet and Winnie the Pooh delivered. :oops:
In the grand scheme of addictions, I think you're probably okay. Worry when you find yourself standing in a dingy alley trying to trade organs for the latest kits.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The Bugatti seems to be varying every day on Amazon, Barry - was £330 yesterday, £235 today and £225 when I bought it on Friday. Still £230 at Zavvi which I think is until Thursday.

I’m going to build the Chiron next because I first saw it in the Honolulu Lego store when I was on honeymoon, so it has a particular place in my affection.