Lego

Barry

Re: Lego

Post by Barry »

My DeLorean arrived, and immediately they tease some more botanical sets coming soon. Lego Group are not daft when it comes to keeping their Adult consumers on the hook :lol:

Also, shameless self promotion, but we finally released Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga last week. It's No.1 in the physical sales charts (and that's about 1/3 of our sales so far). Rather proud I must admit. Oh, 82k+ concurrent players on Steam at one point too.. huge numbers for a childrens game..
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Barry wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:27 pm My DeLorean arrived, and immediately they tease some more botanical sets coming soon. Lego Group are not daft when it comes to keeping their Adult consumers on the hook :lol:

Also, shameless self promotion, but we finally released Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga last week. It's No.1 in the physical sales charts (and that's about 1/3 of our sales so far). Rather proud I must admit. Oh, 82k+ concurrent players on Steam at one point too.. huge numbers for a childrens game..
Childrens? :? :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Well yeah, technically we aim at the younger age groups 😂 Great to see adult SW fans enjoying it though, that's even better.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The Skywalker Saga is downloading right now :D
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:10 pm The Skywalker Saga is downloading right now :D
Had any chance to play it yet?

Also, third week at No.1 UK (boxed) sales spot. 3m+ sales to date across all territories. 😎
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

My son's been playing it on my iPad, so this one in particular caught my eye in the Lego shop in Birmingham recently.
2022-04-23 11.04.03 copy.jpg
2022-04-23 11.04.03 copy.jpg (316.33 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Left over crest; tightens.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

The sonic set is a bit crap if your buying it for him to play with tbh, we got it, built it, then put it away. It's more of a display set.

The mario/luigi/peach sets are a lot more fun to play with. Our 5 year old loves them, and they interact so you can do 2 or 3 player things.

I dont want to think about how much we've spent on it all though!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Barry wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:22 pm
Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:10 pm The Skywalker Saga is downloading right now :D
Had any chance to play it yet?

Also, third week at No.1 UK (boxed) sales spot. 3m+ sales to date across all territories. 😎
I sure have, just not as much as I'd like to have. Its a brilliant game, everything I love about the Lego games and I think the humour has been taken up a notch too. My boy is addicted to it, so well done!
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Great news, thanks for updating. There's a few glitches, next patch is almost ready to go up 8-)

Fastest selling WB game evar, btw.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Have any of you Lego pervs been to Legoland Billund ? I’m assuming it’s excellent. I’ve only been to Windsor.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Built the Space Shuttle/Hubble set last week while on a week off work - took surprisingly long to make, which is great as it drags out the enjoyment a bit. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:08 pm Have any of you Lego pervs been to Legoland Billund ? I’m assuming it’s excellent. I’ve only been to Windsor.
Yes. Took the kids there last October. Conceptually similar to Windsor, but bigger. Themed hotel was awesome (except the buffet. Hugely overpriced). If you're in the area it is worth going. Lego House (in Billund, but not in Legoland) is about 97 shades of pure awesome and is worth a fairly chunky detour IMO.

Have to warn you though: you're too big for the Lego driving school.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I've been wondering if Lego had jumped the shark for a little while now. FInally I think they have: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/grea ... giza-21058

It's £125 for what is basically a load of white sloping roof pieces. There are some beige bricks inside to hold it up.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Oh dear, it's actually only half a pyramid. They've left slots to connect another copy (so £250) but you get two river Niles.

Barry

Post by Barry »

Agreed, I had largely the same thought process. Just seen shots of the Optimus Prime set too, which looks a little underwhelming so far.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:28 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:08 pm Have any of you Lego pervs been to Legoland Billund ? I’m assuming it’s excellent. I’ve only been to Windsor.
Yes. Took the kids there last October.
The reason I ask is that I’ve been invited to interview for a role with Merlin Entertainments, who (amongst other things) run all the Legoland parks. One of the job perks is free entry to all their attractions worldwide although unless it can be wangled as a work trip I doubt they’ll pay for the air fare & hotel !
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 pm
The reason I ask is that I’ve been invited to interview for a role with Merlin Entertainments, who (amongst other things) run all the Legoland parks. One of the job perks is free entry to all their attractions worldwide although unless it can be wangled as a work trip I doubt they’ll pay for the air fare & hotel !
That's quite a sweet perk. It's a smidge over 12 hours from Calais (right foot heaviness dependent), so can be done over a three day weekend with some effort.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:03 pm I've been wondering if Lego had jumped the shark for a little while now. FInally I think they have: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/grea ... giza-21058

It's £125 for what is basically a load of white sloping roof pieces. There are some beige bricks inside to hold it up.
I largely agree, but on the flip side any architecture series would be missing something obvious without referencing the pyramids and it's not like you could make it any other shape. Only half a model is a bit dumb though...
Barry wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:55 pm Agreed, I had largely the same thought process. Just seen shots of the Optimus Prime set too, which looks a little underwhelming so far.
Yes, had the same thought, for all the hype the actual kit looks shit. :lol:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 pm
Yes, twice but about 15 to 40 years ago. I loved it.

My boy waited about two years for the SW saga game to come out and absolutely loves it!
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:03 pm I've been wondering if Lego had jumped the shark for a little while now. FInally I think they have: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/grea ... giza-21058
I’m not into the Lego thing, but I feel they have been jumping it for years.

2021 £1.52 billion profit on sales of £6.33 billion.