Lego

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lego

Post by Jobbo »

davecG60 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:29 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:04 am If you’re going to sell, you will get far more for complete sets in original boxes than mixed pieces.
Alas all the boxes went in the bin years ago. It's all now in huge Ikea holders, with the instructions in a big pile.
A complete set with instructions, then - you will always get more for whole sets than mingled pieces.

I have that Hedwig set and it's great. Good value too.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:49 pm My little boy has got into Lego now - it's quite fun to sit down together and guide him through the instructions. We just completed the moving Hedwig one:

Which I thought was pretty good going - seeing as he's 4!
That's very good going. My eldest got the same kit for his eighth birthday last year. Still not finished it six months later. The middle one on the other hand is itching to do it, but has been told he isn't allowed.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Rich B wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:49 pm My little boy has got into Lego now - it's quite fun to sit down together and guide him through the instructions. We just completed the moving Hedwig one:

They do a fawkes one too if he’d like symmetry on his shelves

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

jamcg wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:18 pm

They do a fawkes one too if he’d like symmetry on his shelves
Fawkes is really nice, I think I like it more than Hedwig for the colours. The wing mechanism of both is just beautiful.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I bought the latest Space Shuttle. The box is feckin huge. That is all.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've got the two Vespa, and Speed Champion Ferrari, Lambo ordered, from the March releases. Wasn't interested in the Technic F1 car until I saw the size of it (that's what she said).
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

Indeed, another expensive month for me coming up 😂
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Yep - I've had a fairly firm belief I wouldn't go down TV or 'themed' collections rabbit holes, but that's just fucking cool. Plus what else are they gonna do from BttF - the VW Transporter full of Libyans?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Train?
Barry

Post by Barry »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:17 am Plus what else are they gonna do from BttF - the VW Transporter full of Libyans?
They do the T2 camper so it wouldn't be too hard to mod that either :lol:
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

One of the trade auctions I use has a massive Lego auction ending 8th April. Bids are subject to buyers premium and VAT so add +50% onto any bid prices you see and that’s roughly what you’ll pay (plus about £15 postage)

https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/lot_l ... 4&siteid=1
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Gavster wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:45 pm One of the trade auctions I use has a massive Lego auction ending 8th April. Bids are subject to buyers premium and VAT so add +50% onto any bid prices you see and that’s roughly what you’ll pay (plus about £15 postage)

WTF did you have to go and post that?!?!? ;)

I do fancy myself an Ecto 1...
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:35 am
Gavster wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:45 pm One of the trade auctions I use has a massive Lego auction ending 8th April. Bids are subject to buyers premium and VAT so add +50% onto any bid prices you see and that’s roughly what you’ll pay (plus about £15 postage)

Ecto 1 was down to £120 in November 2021 and is easily available from the shops (online at least) - I think the cheapest currently is £150 or so. Do check whether it's any cheaper to buy at that auction.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Worth watching Smyths or Argos, the occasionally drop prices on a few of the good sets, currently a feeble offering but it could change without warning

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toy ... s/p/194427

£175 (rrp £180)
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks, will keep an eye out on the auction and also those other sites.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:00 am

Ecto 1 was down to £120 in November 2021 and is easily available from the shops (online at least) - I think the cheapest currently is £150 or so. Do check whether it's any cheaper to buy at that auction.
Thanks for saying that, I assume people realise they need to check prices, on these auctions the high-demand items sometimes do sell for the same or more than on eBay, as an example.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Gavster wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:52 pm
Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:00 am

Thanks for saying that, I assume people realise they need to check prices, on these auctions the high-demand items sometimes do sell for the same or more than on eBay, as an example.
Sorry, you're not the seller of half a dozen Lego Ecto 1s are you? :lol: Lego is overpriced these days so in the spirit of trying to help fellow forumites and because I tend to keep an eye on discounts before buying, I thought I could be somewhat helpful to Mike.

Also, for anyone else trying to buy popular new Lego from the online store, the Cardiff Lego store had stock of all the rare stuff when I was in there a couple of weeks ago - with the exception of the 2022 Merc Speed Champions F1 double set. I think going to a physical Lego store (maybe not Covent Garden since that gets mad queues outside) is the way to get hold of hard to find sets. And the staff seem to like chucking a few freebies in too :D
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Yeah, I should probably keep more of an eye on the prices as I don't buy regularly enough so then jump in and very probably pay way over the odds for something!
Cheers,

Mike.