Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lego

Post by Jobbo »

I hope this leak isn't true to the real thing :(

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:22 pm I hope this leak isn't true to the real thing :(

It looks like a David Brown Speedback :shock:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Holy crap that’s gopping. Doesn’t even look like one when you squint.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Richard

Post by Richard »

That is awful
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

It's been launched, the leak was correct and here's a link: https://brickset.com/article/37379/1026 ... 5-revealed!

ETA: And the review is up already: https://brickset.com/article/37211/revi ... martin-db5
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The features are pretty cool, but it's pretty ugly :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Well that's a shame.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

There are some new technic models out now, the crane looks really good!

Still want a Chiron though.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

That's a real disappointment. So much of the overall package is spot on, but what's with the lack of smooth curves? Its as if the last 20 years of curved lego never happened. Fair enough, use more traditional blocks underneath, but that outer shell surely has to be like the real thing?
Cheers,

Mike.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

I bought and built the DB5. It's lovely in detail, looks way better in real life. Still think it's a bit too narrow and it looks a bit awkward from some angles.
M235i
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Bit of a cheat using custom pieces though! "The car was made from a total of 339 different types of Technic pieces, including 58 new custom elements recolored to match the vibrant blue hues of the skin of the Chiron. The model also features new types of transparent Technic elements to facilitate the functioning front and rear lights as well as the blinkers in the side mirrors."

Wonder if they will allow those custom pieces to be used in actual Lego sets now?
mik

Post by mik »

I was about to scoff mightily at that sillyness :lol: but I just watched the vid and was rather impressed. :oops: 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I watched the video first thinking how the heck they mounted actual Chiron wheels to it then read it’s a steel frame. They must superglue all the Lego to stop it falling to bits whilst driving?

I’d love to see it put on a crash test rig in super slow motion.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Article says they didn't use any glue.

Wow, that's pretty impressive I thought, until reading it had a metal frame :(
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I went to the London flagship shop the other weekend and the buggers didn't have a Chiron on display to look at.

I've seen a few Facebook ads for unheard of places having Chirons in stock for 50% off, must be scam.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm not entirely sure, age is getting to me, but I'm sure I saw a Chiron box at our last delivery. I just can't bring myself to buy one, I got the new X-Wing instead.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/X-Wing-Starfighter-75218
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I built the X-Wing yesterday and picked up the new off road crane yesterday from Argos. They had it for 160.

The crane is the biggest Technic kit they’ve ever done which surprised me. I watched a YouTube review of it and was very impressed. The look of the model doesn’t do it justice imo, much like the RS which looks awful but has some very cool features.

Dave!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 am I built the X-Wing yesterday and picked up the new off road crane yesterday from Argos. They had it for 160.

The crane is the biggest Technic kit they’ve ever done which surprised me. I watched a YouTube review of it and was very impressed. The look of the model doesn’t do it justice imo, much like the RS which looks awful but has some very cool features.

Dave!
I was going to see if I could wing the crane for Christmas, it's looks absolutely awesome but some of the reviews about it are a bit luke warm. Personally I think it's got some amazing details.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am
V8Granite wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 am I built the X-Wing yesterday and picked up the new off road crane yesterday from Argos. They had it for 160.

Dave!
I was going to see if I could wing the crane for Christmas, it's looks absolutely awesome but some of the reviews about it are a bit luke warm. Personally I think it's got some amazing details.
Well I've just bought the last one from my local Argos at that price, picking it up shortly :oops:

Talking about Lego cranes I found this on YouTube whilst looking for a review of the new Lego crane, holy shit this something else