Lego

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lego

Post by Jobbo »

The freebie Amelia Earhart tribute has gone live today, so I’ve ordered the police station to get that. I’m running out of things I want to buy from the Lego Store to qualify for the decent freebies 😄
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:24 am The freebie Amelia Earhart tribute has gone live today, so I’ve ordered the police station to get that. I’m running out of things I want to buy from the Lego Store to qualify for the decent freebies 😄
Well my boy likes all Star Wars Lego if you want him to make a list? We would send you on the freebies..
Barry

Post by Barry »

Similar here Jobbo, I've ordered the Creator bus before it retires, and a couple of the new road tile sets.

Winnie the Pooh set coming this month too, but after the Amelia offer drops off, quelle surprise.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Winnie the Pooh set?!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Winnie the Pooh is below the threshold for the freebie anyway, Barry - I’ve asked my wife to buy it for my birthday 😃

Rich, it’s quite nice actually. Don’t get your child into Lego, it seems to become an addiction 😂
Barry

Post by Barry »

Rich B wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:34 am Winnie the Pooh set?!
Yeah, I mentioned this as they clearly timed it to come after the freebie offers expired.

Rich;
https://brickset.com/article/58093/revi ... e-the-pooh
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 am Winnie the Pooh is below the threshold for the freebie anyway, Barry - I’ve asked my wife to buy it for my birthday 😃

Rich, it’s quite nice actually. Don’t get your child into Lego, it seems to become an addiction 😂
my boy loves Lego and I can see the appeal of technic Lego, but I'm just confused why grown men want Winnie the Pooh sets?!
Barry

Post by Barry »

Look at the resale value of retired/rare Lego.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Barry wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:46 pm Look at the resale value of retired/rare Lego.
are you buying it to sell on then?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Unlike buying shares, you can use and enjoy it and it’s still valuable.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Rich B wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:51 pm
Barry wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:46 pm Look at the resale value of retired/rare Lego.
are you buying it to sell on then?
I'm buying stuff I'd happily keep and build, but if I change my mind it'll resell easily. I'm not expecting anyone else to understand, or care.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Finally built the Harley Davidson today. What an excellent set. Really nice build and the model looks great once finished.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Lego published their 2020 financials yesterday. They've done very well: https://brickset.com/article/58291/lego ... th-in-2020 - revenue up 13%, net profit up a similar amount.

So why have they taken 5 days to send out my order placed last week? It's been showing as 'In Warehouse' since I placed it, and I've had a couple of apology e-mails.
Barry

Post by Barry »

They've been very hit n miss all year for me, no communication then suddenly I get the DPD email/messages. Generally seems to take a couple days to ship, then nothing for a couple days, then you'll get notice the night before from DPD. To be fair, with all this Brexit faff, I'm just glad it arrives and I'm not getting stiffed with import taxes..

Ordered the Tie Fighter helmet a few days back, as that finally came back in stock. Another Ameila Earheart gift included.. which means I can build one, keep one.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

How do you get these gifts?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The Lego store regularly gives a free set with purchases over a certain amount. Often unavailable elsewhere, limited production.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The Porsche is nearly done. I've deliberately taken my time with it and really enjoyed the build, even after having to do some maintenance on early parts done by my daughter who subsequently lost interest.

I've not been a fan of some of their realistic car sets as some of them I feel are really crude due to the bricks used, but this one has got so many of the curves and shapes absolutely spot-on.

Right, what do I buy next? Are there any Ferrari's in a similar vein?
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

There was an F40 which has been out of production a while - https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Ferrari-F40-LE ... 7036746514

A good set but not worth paying nearly £200 for; you may find an unopened one on eBay at a more sensible price but you'd have to be alert.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am There was an F40 which has been out of production a while - https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Ferrari-F40-LE ... 7036746514

A good set but not worth paying nearly £200 for; you may find an unopened one on eBay at a more sensible price but you'd have to be alert.
That looks cool actually. Might just have to resign myself to a second hand one, will keep an eye out.
Cheers,

Mike.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »