Lego

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lego

Post by Jobbo »

My Spring Lantern Festival was shipped on Friday 5th and arrived Tuesday 9th, so I think the shipping is back to normal. And the Porsche must physically be in stock. We'll see.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Have just ordered the Porsche and have closed the browser page down because there's quite a lot I could buy there without a second thought!
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ascender wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:20 am Have just ordered the Porsche and have closed the browser page down because there's quite a lot I could buy there without a second thought!
Welcome to my world. My second bedroom is full of Lego boxes :oops:
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Ordered at 5am but I guess I missed out on the VIP freebies :roll:
M235i
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Apparently it went live about 10.30pm to order. I checked at 10.27pm before I fell asleep and it wasn't available. But then I wouldn't be trying to sell the free stuff on eBay and I'd just have to store it somewhere; I'd rather simply store the Lego.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm Apparently it went live about 10.30pm to order. I checked at 10.27pm before I fell asleep and it wasn't available. But then I wouldn't be trying to sell the free stuff on eBay and I'd just have to store it somewhere; I'd rather simply store the Lego.
I thought the email say the 16th? I didn't realise it would have gone live the night before! Have just seen the VIP packs on eBay, I thought all of the first run would have come with those but I guess not.

Oh well, I'll know for next time.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We've got a Lego delivery for the kids coming shortly. Nothing that'll interest you guys. But, speaking of Danish things I've just had a food delivery and I'm very excited. Hot dog kit with all the correct trimmings, two types of pickled herring, and some small biscuits that are used for our favourite Danish pud.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:07 am
Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:42 pm Apparently it went live about 10.30pm to order. I checked at 10.27pm before I fell asleep and it wasn't available. But then I wouldn't be trying to sell the free stuff on eBay and I'd just have to store it somewhere; I'd rather simply store the Lego.
I thought the email say the 16th? I didn't realise it would have gone live the night before! Have just seen the VIP packs on eBay, I thought all of the first run would have come with those but I guess not.

There's a chap on PH who ordered early enough (before midnight on 15th) that he had the VIP pack in his order confirmation and on the invoice which arrived with his order. The VIP pack still wasn't in the box with the set itself. Lego have really dropped the ball here. All over some pretty worthless stuff.
Barry

Post by Barry »

It is a little annoying, when they bang on about VIP then don't actually deliver. That said, I'm just thankful delivery times have dropped to a few days, and seemingly no Brexit taxes being added either.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:10 am We've got a Lego delivery for the kids coming shortly. Nothing that'll interest you guys. But, speaking of Danish things I've just had a food delivery and I'm very excited. Hot dog kit with all the correct trimmings, two types of pickled herring, and some small biscuits that are used for our favourite Danish pud.
We love all Lego, I'm interested in the new blacksmith set as I was a massive Castle lego fan when knee high to an echidna.

On a more specifically Danish note the Hans Christian Anderson set on my shelf is very nice Linky the fair women of the household picked it up for "me" when they had a trip to Odense in the before times.

TWO types of pickled Herring, one for breakfast and the other for pizza? :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

On pizza? Heathen!

The marinated kind (served with boiled potatoes, creme fraiche and raw onion). Not a breakfast food, your breath would melt steel at 10 paces. Obviously not an issue if served for lunch/dinner.

The curried kind served on bread with a soft boiled egg on top (today's lunch).

Bought two sets of road plates and they've certainly changed since I had them as a child.

Also got a City police station/robbery set.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:22 am
Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:07 am

There's a chap on PH who ordered early enough (before midnight on 15th) that he had the VIP pack in his order confirmation and on the invoice which arrived with his order. The VIP pack still wasn't in the box with the set itself. Lego have really dropped the ball here. All over some pretty worthless stuff.
Ah, I get you. I mean, the VIP pack thing was just a nice bonus, but that's a bit shit of them to advertise that and then its not only limited to x number, but the thing also goes on sale before most casual buyers even know! I did notice there was nothing else showing on my order confirmation but wasn't sure if that was normal or not.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Built the Creator Expert 911 tonight, and have to say it's really good. Photos just don't to it justice, especially not badly lit camera phone ones but anyway

Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Looks good!

Mine is due on Monday, just need to get another shelf put up for it before then.
Cheers,

Mike.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Barry wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:12 pm Built the Creator Expert 911 tonight, and have to say it's really good. Photos just don't to it justice, especially not badly lit camera phone ones but anyway

Will you be turning it into the targa aswell?
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'll probably build the bits up, so they don't get lost amongst the other surplus. I'll have to see how much faff it is swapping between the setups though.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Yep gonna buy that - will go well next to my two Technic ones
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I’m planning to build it as a Turbo Targa - not sure when though.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

My 911 just arrived. Pobably wait till the wee guy is older and build it together :lol: .
M235i
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:31 am I’m planning to build it as a Turbo Targa - not sure when though.
It's even got Jobbo interior :o :lol: