Lego

ShockDiamonds

Re: Lego

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Fuck sake Alex :lol: How long did that take ya?
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm Fuck sake Alex :lol: How long did that take ya?
Long enough :lol:
M235i
Barry

Post by Barry »

Charger is coming..

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/03/ ... rger-news/

"LEGO goes Fast & Furious with Technic 42111 Dom’s Dodge Charger [News]
LEGO has revealed the Technic 42111 Dom’s Dodge Charger, a 1,077-piece set depicting the iconic car driven by Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) in the Fast & Furious film franchise. The 1:13 scale model features details from its on-screen inspiration like a V8 engine, double-wishbone suspension, a wheelie bar and a few extra nitro bottles in the trunk."
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Oh, I hate F&F so wasn't expecting to like that... but it looks great!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I said I'd stop buying Lego... I am buying that though :oops:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

That Charger looks quite..... awkward, pass.

Bought the kids a Hidden Side bus set to kick off the lockdown, looks like they had fun and the app is funky. Unfortunately the app has a very restricted list of compatible devices and the "please check device compatibility" is in the fine print. Bit of an own goal by Lego and I think that might explain the heavy discounting of Hidden Side sets.

Anyone else watching Lego Masters US? It's a clone of the Aus version (So far more showbiz than the UK one) but still quite entertaining, the final is this week.
mik

Post by mik »

Alex_ wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm Fuck sake Alex :lol: How long did that take ya?
Long enough :lol:
Would be better if those boxes clicked together in some way....
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I've just bought this https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/boos ... lbox-17101. Looks like it should be fun!

I only bought it as it looks like Johnny Five :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

16vCento wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:25 am I've just bought this https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/boos ... lbox-17101. Looks like it should be fun!

Link no worky.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:35 pm
16vCento wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:25 am I've just bought this https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/boos ... lbox-17101. Looks like it should be fun!

Link no worky.
It works, just click on the 'Explore' option. Accept cookies and it'll take you straight to the set in future.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

In an effort to keep the munchkins entertained during lockdown her indoors suggested that the boys rebuild some of their Lego kits to play with. They've all been (more or less) completed at one point and then they slowly disintegrated into the general detritus of the Lego storage boxes.

Eldest decided he wanted to redo this kit https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/coas ... ters-60167. So I set about finding all the bits. All 792 pieces. Five hours later it was nearly midnight and I was nowhere near finished. :x
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I don’t think I ever rebuilt Lego the way it was supposed to be after the first build - challenge them to build other stuff and use their imagination instead!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

They do that too, but the beauty of having the kits is that they can follow the manual with little or no help. While not very imaginative it frees me up to (try to) work.
---
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

We used to occasionally rebuild kits using the instructions, but I never ever tried to gather the pieces beforehand, just used to follow the instructions and build them out of the heap.

My favourite was a big American model team truck, then once that was built I'd use my imagination to build various different trailers for it.
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

They're too young to do that (but it would be much better). They've not got the patience to find the pieces as well as build the kits.

How's your missus feeling?
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Are you using the parts guide which tells you what parts you need and in what quantity or are you going through step by step to work out what you need?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Using the parts guide. Sadly it is finding all the bits in the 14 different boxes/drawers that's the tricky bit.
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Yes it is hard, I once bought a Lego technic supercar off eBay, the seller had two advertised with one being complete and the other one incomplete. I think I accidentally got the incomplete set and that took three nights just to sift through and find out what bits I was missing. Give it to them they sourced the replacements and sent them out.

Never again though.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Barry

Post by Barry »

Another Technic bike coming - Ducati V4S!

https://brickset.com/article/49896/tech ... e-revealed!