Lego

ZedLeg

Re: Lego

Post by ZedLeg »

Apologies if this has been posted before but it's so stupid, I kind of want it.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/adid ... ICE_POINTS
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

It was an odd choice for sure, and judging by the discounts I've seen on it, not a great sales success either.

Quite a lot of price increases coming, across the board too. It'll be interesting to see how/if that affects things
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I bought that for my wife because she’s a massive fan of Superstars. She hasn’t built it. I wondered about buying a second to make a pair but that’s pointless when it’s not been built 😄

If you want it, try to get it at 50%+ discount Zed.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Thanks to my recent obsession with For All Mankind I'm now thinking what I really need is a Shuttle model...
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ascender wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:42 am Thanks to my recent obsession with For All Mankind I'm now thinking what I really need is a Shuttle model...
Well, there's the cheap option or the not cheap option 😆

The Creator model is pretty cool tbh @£160
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

My only immediate must-buy is the new Galaxy Explorer homage, released 1 August.

I keep a record of which sets I own using the Brickset website. That scarily allows you to see the total price of your collection (based on RRP) though they don’t have prices for some older stuff, probably 20% of my sets. Values of Lego sets tend to go up when they cease production. So (Barry in particular) do check that you have adequate home insurance to cover your Lego collection; it might be worth more than you think.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've actually had concerns over the home cover yeah, to the point I think I'd need specific insurance for it all at this point. I photo document every purchase in the meantime, so I have at least some proof of what's in stock 😱
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

That's sensible Barry - I've found the biggest challenge with Home Insurance claims is not adequate cover but proving to them what you own.

I've photographed my CD and DVD collections and also my Outdoor gear and tools for that very reason. (A lot of my tools were gifted so don't have proof or purchase etc)

Although "Don't use Direct Line" might be better advice
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Barry wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:27 am I've actually had concerns over the home cover yeah, to the point I think I'd need specific insurance for it all at this point. I photo document every purchase in the meantime, so I have at least some proof of what's in stock 😱
I do wonder if an insurer might decide it's not lots of separate items but one collection, which needs disclosing in its own right. So I guess keeping my sets in different places round the house is probably a good thing to bat away that argument :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Barry wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:27 am I've actually had concerns over the home cover yeah, to the point I think I'd need specific insurance for it all at this point. I photo document every purchase in the meantime, so I have at least some proof of what's in stock 😱
Barry earlier today…

Barry

Post by Barry »

Camaro Z28 revealed - same scale as the Mustang. This looks very good, and pretty customisable like the Mustang too. On sale Aug. Expensive month.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/chev ... -z28-10304
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I'd love to know the business model behind these. The Camaro is cool no doubt, but perhaps not a universal icon like the Mini or the Mustang. So is it relying on a large bunch of sales in the US to all the Camaro fanboys or is it simply using the 'very cool old car, car geeks will buy it' angle to make enough sales?

Because if it's the second I think Lego could and should start mining more of the iconic motorsports cars. Pick any 60's F1 car, a 917, the Merc 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe that just sold for squillions, a Macca F1 - throw a dart at anything that goes to Goodwood FOS each year, in that scale and I think I'd rather have that than the Camaro?

Not that the Camaro is bad at all, it's just you could go bigger car nerd more with other stuff?
Barry

Post by Barry »

It's hard to guage whether it's planned or just whatever one of their team happens to make/propose yeah, but they could probably sell Lego turds to enough adults to make it worthwhile. I agree there are more iconic vehicles I'd build first, if it were me deciding. London taxi (they already have the double decker), NY taxi.. classics, vintage stuff.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Tescos have got a few of the speed champions sets at £16 unfortunately they’d sold out of the countach
Cheers, Harry
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I see there’s a £500 Mandalorian Razor Crest coming soon. Like we’ve said before, having space to display them is as much of an issue as anything. I’m finding myself drawn to the various Batman vehicles too.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 pm Image
Tea-towel holder 😄
tim

Post by tim »

I could do with thinning out my LEGO collection really. For starters I've got an unbuilt 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator for sale. I've had zero interest on FB marketplace - where's the best place to sell generally?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

tim wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:50 pm I could do with thinning out my LEGO collection really. For starters I've got an unbuilt 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator for sale. I've had zero interest on FB marketplace - where's the best place to sell generally?
How much you looking for? I’ll message my brother and see if my nephew would like it for Christmas.
tim

Post by tim »

£300