PC Upgrade advice?

unzippy

PC Upgrade advice?

Post by unzippy »

Currently:

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K Processor Overclocked to up to 4.0GHz
16GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (4 x 4GB sticks)
AMD Radeon HD 7770 1024MB Graphics Card
SSD primary hard drive

Struggling with PUBG, suspect the graphics card is the weak point?

What are my options for upgrading, what's best bang for buck. Not 700+ quid either...
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
mr_jon

Re: PC Upgrade advice?

Post by mr_jon »

Yes, I have a very similar vintage system (i5 4670K @ 4.2) and have just upgraded my 6970 2GB to a GeForce 1060 6GB. Not cheap really but I figured the rest of the system is fine for a couple more years.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

For lols I checked when I bought the 6970 and it was Feb' 2011 - no wonder it's starting to struggle with modern games :lol: Not a bad run though, and it will probably live on in the missus' desktop.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Ordered me one of these - https://www.centrecom.com.au/gigabyte-g ... phics-card
20 beers.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just had a look and the minimum specs to run PUBG are 2gb graphics - 6gb is recommended.

Think you may still struggle with what you’ve bought.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Surely it depends on the grunt of the card rather than just its memory, it's just easier for them to say 2Gb card which basically just means something a bit better than intel integrated graphics.

I have a 2Gb card I bought for about £30 5 years ago and I bet it's not a patch on what Unzippy has just bought!
Cheers, Harry
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Apparently It's been delivered 8-)

I'll report back. Hopefully my 10mb internet connection won't be an issue either :lol:

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I've been having a poke about and considering my next move, £140 ish for a 4gb 1050ti doesn't seem too daft. For some reason secondhand ones seem to be the same price as brand new ones from a proper retailer :?
Cheers, Harry
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Installed it and like a twat over clocked it until the screen went white and wouldn't come back :roll: Then had to google WIN10 safe mode as F8 didn't work.

Set high (with ultra high being higher) PUBG is fine.
However the 12Mbps blistering internet speeds of suburban Melbourne means as soon as a anyone does anything on our network, it lags like a bitch :roll: :roll:

IaFG Down Under Division