Elite Dangerous

JLv3.0

Re: Elite Dangerous

Post by JLv3.0 »

All feedback is valid mate 👍🏼😂
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 am I guess you need 500M+ to get a Conda up and running with some decent stuff!?
Yep I definitely should've saved another few hundred million but I've not enough patience.

Half a billion should let you A rate all internals, the combat armour and shields could be another load on top of that if you want to to go nuts.

Frankly I spent an hour in a Haz Rez this afternoon with a tiny 4A shield plus a Guardian 5H booster and 2 heavy duty utility boosters and didn't have to run away once or activate a SCB (not that I had any, I expected to be mining but got a friendly wing invite to go bounty hunting)

Coriolis is brilliant for theorycrafting endlessly.

JL if you liked the original then E:D delivers a similarly directionless experience in a vast indifferent universe.

There's a ridiculous amount to do but achievements will be personal rather than handed out.

I think once I'm bored with chasing cash in the bubble I'm going to lightweight the Anaconda for max range (70LY or so) and try for the centre of the galaxy which might take weeks or even months to reach.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

How many of you are playing on the peasantry PS4? Just me, ilmostro and Robyob flying the PC flag?
tim

Post by tim »

I'm on PC. I have it on xbox too as my lad is getting into it a bit, but I don't use it personally.

I've got 101 million in the bank now - enough to trade in my fully A-rated Python for an Anaconda and have 30 mil or so left over, but reading the above it sounds like it'd be pretty low-spec and I should hold off until I've got another 3-400 million?
ilmostro

Post by ilmostro »

I didn't bother with the big ships until I had over a Billion.

Pretty sure speccing out my Anaconda was 600 million+
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I think I'm the only one on PS4 in fact.

I don't think it's that much for an exploration Anaconda which has a lot of small D-rated stuff though is it?

I've been playing on Coriolis, it's really been helping me learn what affects what and where to shave off weight and get a better jump range... I think even for an all rounder I wouldn't be going biggest all A rated modules for everything.

Pretty sure the prices are wrong on there though, galactic inflation must have struck since they made it! :lol:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

So my previously unblemished Conda got splattered for the first time yesterday, 11mill rebuy :oops: Elite rated NPC Anacondas pack quite a punch.

I'd gotten bored mining so tried the nearby Haz Rez without getting a decent sized shield and should've been more restrained in my choice of targets.

The Anaconda even with fully engineered drives really feels like a BIG boat compared to anything else. Flying with flight assist on you can still easily end up drifting a long way past your intended target.
tim

Post by tim »

I bought an Imperial Eagle this evening, and kitted it the fvck out for some serious ass-kicking. It's a great ship, and within 10 mins I'd earned myself 400k in bounty rewards just by going to a resource extraction location and scanning every ship for the wanteds.

Beam lasers are cool-ass shizzle!
ilmostro

Post by ilmostro »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:58 am
The Anaconda even with fully engineered drives really feels like a BIG boat compared to anything else. Flying with flight assist on you can still easily end up drifting a long way past your intended target.
Federal Corvette feels like a way smaller ship than it is. Just crap jump range. Plus you have grind for the rank needed to buy one.

Imperial Cutters feel like the heaviest ship for sure. Can't turn for shit. Still the acceleration on them is very good, so just run away.
Someone actually calculated the thrust on a Cutter must be equal to 18 Saturn 5 rockets for it to accelerate that well! :lol:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I think many Corvette owners will be running the Guardian FSD booster for the extra range. I'm at post commander Federal rank so not far short of being able to get a Vette, that and another billion credits :shock:

Played a fair bit at this week's CG at California Gateway. 210tonnes mined and 8mill in bounties. Hopefully some nice bonus' to pick up later.

Winged with a bunch of random people and turned the Haz Rez into a shooting gallery. A full wing of four can burn through targets at an unholy rate.

I'm getting better at landing Particle Accelerator shots as well. I know it's not the most efficient weapon for PVE but there's something quite satisfying about seeing half a Python's hull disappear in one shot.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

No ED for me until next weekend. :x Been having fun with speccing ships while commuting on the train though.

Looks like you can have a Corvette armed to the teeth with a jump range of 20Ly or so if you can engineer the FSD, that looks like it should be next on the list after the Conda when I should really improve my combat rank. I have some navy rank from doing a few missions but not sure if I get achieve the rank required whilst avoiding combat! :lol: My plan was to get a Corvette and then improve my combat rank by grossly out-gunning the opposition as opposed to using much in the way of skill. ;)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Well I did manage to get on for a bit here and there, and bought my Conda last night. 8-)

Wow, what a crate to fly! I had to make my way from where I bought it to another system with better modules. Instantly got a fine for getting jammed in the airlock on my way out and rattled it again on the way in through the airlock.:lol: Going to take a bit of getting used to.

Upgraded to most things I wanted but need to move to another location to finish off, at least the jump range is up to reasonable levels now. After that it's time to get stuck into the engineers to make it properly good.

I'm not really planning on hardpoints, but it is a slow old thing so might be tricky to boost out of engagements. My plan was to get a fighter and use that as a distraction, not sure it would work? I juat want to try one anyway.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:32 pm Instantly got a fine for getting jammed in the airlock on my way out and rattled it again on the way in through the airlock.:lol: Going to take a bit of getting used to.
Snap, :D I recon almost everyone does, cockpit located on the very top of the ship with that huge bulk underneath.

Congratulations on getting into the big three club.

Best chance of escaping in an unarmed Conda is high waking to another system. Which means having enough shields to last the FSD spool time.

When I get back to playing I'm tempted to strip all the weapons from mine for max jump range and try for Sagittarius A or even Beagle point. Gotta learn how to neutron jump first! 8-)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with it, doing the engineering stuff will keep me interested for a while and I'm just looking forward to playing with stuff like the fighter and SRV.

I haven't actually landed on a planet yet, so that will be interesting too.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Probably best to practice landings with something slightly more forgiving!!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Had a good old session tonight, started doing some engineering so went and got elements off some planet, then started getting stuck in to a bit of "bounty hunting". Although the bounty hunting was more about picking up bits from the destroyed ships than it was about the bounty.

At the moment I've mainly just been parking up the Conda and having fun with the fighter, what a little beast that fighter is. 8-)

Did get caught out one time where I was busy in the fighter and the Conda was getting pummeled by a couple of baddies, but I managed to limp back towards the security services and my hull held long enough for them to deal with the baddies but it was a close call.

Jump range is up into the 30s which is getting more respectable. I don't fully know what I'm doing with this engineering stuff TBH, at least not the whole of it. Hope I don't mess up my ship!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Cool, SLF fighting is something else I want to try.

I've read if you have hired NPC crew they can be very handy (once ranked up) in your ship supporting you in he SLF.

I was wandering fairly aimlessly out near California Nebula and then jumped over to the Horse head nebula last night, very nice views.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Some nice views.

Exploring a megaship damaged by pirates, yes you really can fit a Conda through the structure!

Tooo infintiy and beyond!

Parked (semi-legally) at Mic Turner base, interesting bark mound forest nearby.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

8-)

Yeah, I thought about crew, but at the moment I'm not prepared to share my spoils with anyone! :lol:

The only issue for me at the moment is that I'm not earning any meaningful credits, spending my time bounty hunting and ragging the SRV around looking for materials (still can't find any manganese :x).

I also realised that fighting with my Conda is a waste of time, I stumbled across a wanted Federal Gunship wedged into a planet, couldn't deploy my fighter so went about trying to destroy it with the stock pulse lasers (stored them once but they returned so I left them on) and it took forever just sat there firing at it!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 am 8-)

Yeah, I thought about crew, but at the moment I'm not prepared to share my spoils with anyone! :lol:

The only issue for me at the moment is that I'm not earning any meaningful credits, spending my time bounty hunting and ragging the SRV around looking for materials (still can't find any manganese :x).

I also realised that fighting with my Conda is a waste of time, I stumbled across a wanted Federal Gunship wedged into a planet, couldn't deploy my fighter so went about trying to destroy it with the stock pulse lasers (stored them once but they returned so I left them on) and it took forever just sat there firing at it!
A deadly+rated SLF is equivlent to a class 4 hardpoint so there are upsides 8-)

Bounty hunting in a Highrez or Hazrez (depending on how confident you are) should yield ok credits and lots of engineering materias (take a collection limpit controller). Post up your Conda build maybe there's a reason you're not shredding like you should :D pity you're not on PC because bounty hunting in a wing is much more profitable and fun!

As for finding Manganese try EDDB Body finder plug in the stuff you want and your current location.

Useful links for engineering materials.

Quick reference sheet
So you could gather Ruthenium from the crashed Anaconda site then trade it for Manganese and as you're going from a grade 4 to a grade 2 material you should get nine manganese for every ruthenium you trade.

Big materials guide from DTEA

Alternative reference sheet