Rate your mobile network.

Zonda_

Rate your mobile network.

Post by Zonda_ »

I’m with Three but their charges are ramping up and the service here is getting poorer. I’m out of contract so can go anywhere (just looking for SIM only) who are you with?
DeskJockey

Re: Rate your mobile network.

Post by DeskJockey »

I'm with Vodafone and get very good service (I also work there, but have nothing to do with consumer products). Look at the coverage checkers and what people locally say about the different networks in terms of coverage and throughput.

I saw 500mbps+ on 5G in London yesterday.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I have always liked Vodafone since reading Backroom Boys by Francis Spufford. I don’t work for them. I do have to do a dance every year or two in order to get the best deal (leave, use someone else for a few weeks, then come back as a new customer) so I’ve tried EE, 3, O2 and smaller piggyback networks like Smarty and Giffgaff during those gaps.

Generally the piggyback networks seem to have more dropouts than the main networks they piggyback on, no matter what they tell you. I don’t think EE or 3 are bad but I don’t rate O2. I have better Voda signal where I live and work, so it’s an easy choice.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm with Vodafone and I used to work there.

TBH the best mobile network is gonna be the one that has the best signal in the areas that you spend the most time. That's gonna be where you live, where you work and where your family and friends are. Little else matters I guess?

I get full signal at home, but walk around the corner to my brother's house and have to stand in his front garden to get anything. But as I also use wifi-calling that's not anything I need to think about at his house.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I travel all over the country and have two phones. My work one is on 02 (before that Vodafone) and my personal is on EE.

EE, for me has always been the best and this is why I stay with them.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Never have a problem with EE.

We have two phones on Sky Mobile - tis cheap but service not as good as EE. Piggybacks O2.

Dad is on Vodafone - has been for about 20 years. Never had a problem although i think he could be getting a better deal.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

My personal phone is a sim only deal with O2 and never had any real issues with them. They've started rolling out 5G near me, and that seems to work pretty well. Not done a speed test, but will try and remember to when I'm out and my phone has 5G signal.

I've got 100GB, unlimited calls/texts and Disney + for 6 months was £20 a month when I upgraded earlier this year after not touching my old sim deal for years (they were slow increasing prices over the years, but I guess they all do that).

My work phone is EE and again that's fine, no issues.

I really didn't like the Vodafone customer service when I was with them, but that was a long time a go now. No idea if they've improved, but don't particularly want to try them again.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I use O2 as it seems to have the most coverage out in the countryside around me. I use Giffgaff for the various cctv systems and it’s been rock solid too.
I avoid Vodafone like the plague as they don’t have customer service.
How about not having a sig at all?
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

We have a mix of 02 and EE/BT here in the Peak District. 2 phones solely on 02 (contract) which never have any issues and then I'm on BT as Sim only. I've always been on either EE / BT and never had any problems with coverage unless I've disappeared up into the Highlands ( but that'd be the same whatever network I guess). We have BT broadband as well so adding the Sim only to that plan gets me double data to use.
Always found them ok to get in touch with / speak to in case of any problems.
Cockwobble
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We're all on EE here and can't complain about pricing, service, coverage or speed.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Vodafone for me, after years with EE then Virgin.

The main reason was the quantity of data for price and the fact they were still honouring free EU roaming when I started the contract last year.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I've been with Three for years, I'm happy with them.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I’ve been with Vodafone for years, usually get decent signal, and get some signal when working in wynyard- our local ridiculously expensive estate that’s basically a mobile network black spot……

If you have a look on the websites for the networks you’ll be able to look at their signal coverage and see what your frequented places are like, and if they have 5g etc. although I officially don’t get 5g where I live according to Vodafone, yet get a decently strong signal :lol: