Best driving games(Xbox one/PC)

Zonda_

Best driving games(Xbox one/PC)

Post by Zonda_ »

So the other half's son has gone on the RAF and said I can use his stuff. I may have accidentally bought a Logitech G920 steering wheel last night! What are the bast games?
mik

Re: Best driving games(Xbox one/PC)

Post by mik »

Project Cars 2 is great.

Prepare to spend many hours….
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Subscribe to Ultimate Pass for a month (think it’s a tenner), and then you can try several and pick which one you prefer.
Cheers,

Ian
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

IanF wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:41 am Subscribe to Ultimate Pass for a month (think it’s a tenner), and then you can try several and pick which one you prefer.
Forza Horizon 4 and 5 are on Ultimate and are fun. 4 is set in the UK which is a novelty.

I bought a sim pack the other day and have a code for the two Assetto Corsa games you can have if you've got Steam. DM me your email and I'll send them over later.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:35 am Project Cars 2 is great.

During a meeting I’ve just been pondering the most immersive combination. So far for me an XJR9(LM) at La Sarthe LeMans track is seriously gripping. Even better fun than the Sauber C9.

4 or 5 laps in the concentration “load” is intense. 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If you have a PC and want a sim I’d say Assetto Corsa, Automobilista (AMS) and Automobilista 2 without spending silly amounts.

Assetto Corsa and AMS have the best force feedback but they’re starting to show their age a bit.
AMS 2 isn’t as good but it’s the current title and as such it still gets updated and for me the VR makes up for it. Last week they added the new 2022 F1 car for free (fully developed by their guy in Kyiv who has been working full time) and it is interesting driving all the F1 cars back to back (they have a good selection from each decade).

If you’re just on a controller than the usual titles are good enough, I wouldn’t bother with the sims.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Weirdly enough over my four months parted from my gaming machine I bought a silly number of driving games.

Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competition
RFactor 2
Automobilista 1 & 2
Forza Horizon 4
Garfield Racing

Pretty much no idea where to start as the last racing game I got into was GTR2.

Did crank up FH4 for a few hours yesterday and it's a good laugh.

Long term plan with Assetto Corsa is some modding for long races at the Nurburgring and Targa Florio.

Currently using a controller but going to borrow a mates sim setup at some point.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Assetto Corsa is a great race car simulator, but lacks the feel of a full season/event, seems more suited to one off races and fast laps.
Project Cars 2 is a touch more Arcadey, but feels much more like a game you can progress through. With careful setup can be played on a gamepad on the later versions (initial release had terrible gamepad control).
Forza Motorsport is an arcade game that adds some attempt at realism but is still far from a simulator, single player is pure arcade progression, no attempt to emulate a race weekend, but is fun and plays well online.
Forza Horizons is a good arcade game where the aim is to have fun, throw realism out of the window, its the
Some oldies - Grid Autosport (which has been pulled from Steam) - loved this one, slightly more simulation than Forza, but nothing I have played does close door bashing racing as well. One thing I did like was the simplified tuning options with minimal upgrades available (where games like Assetto and Project Cars need hours of tuning to be competitive at the harder difficulty settings)
The Sim Bin games, such as GTR2 and Race 07 are good simulators for their age, there are some great mods and updates that fix/updates niggles - has really solid realistic car handling, may not model suspension and tyres deflections like more modern simulations, but gets what it does right, with no noticeable flaws.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:35 am Project Cars 2 is great.

Is it going to be better on PC or Xbox or no difference?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

So a couple of days ago he tells me his Xbox can be a bit dodgy and after a few beers I may have accidentally bought an Xbox One X! It's a steep learning curve with Forza Motorsport 7 but I'm loving it so far.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

GTA stunt races.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

So a very late to the party Forza Motorsport 7 review. It’s stunning isn’t it! I’ve played these sort of game before but never with a steering wheel and pedals. Utter transformation. I’m staggered by how different the car feel, driving a Lotus 49 with a hair trigger throttle and that felt every bit as light as they are to an 80s Aston Martin Le Mans car that felt big. Impressed how the downforce is there and the weather is impressive. I’ve seen weather effects in games before but they always seemed cosmetic, I’ve just hit a puddle on the Mulsanne and had the back end kick out! :shock:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

In preparation for this weekend's Nurburgring 24 I've finally spent some time with Assetto Corsa and it's looking freaking incredible.

Running the CSP and Sol mods for more weather and graphic improvements the NRing in time accelerated mode (sunset, night and dawn within 2 laps) is quite something.

Post Nurburgring I want to get Targa Florio and Transfagarasan mods running.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I still can't connect to Steam to download Assesto Corsa
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:50 pm I still can't connect to Steam to download Assesto Corsa
You can't connect to Steam in general or the problem is specific to Assetto Corsa?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

RobYob wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:50 pm I still can't connect to Steam to download Assesto Corsa
You can't connect to Steam in general or the problem is specific to Assetto Corsa?
Steam.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:09 pm
Steam.
Sorry my IT troubleshooting extends to turning it off and on again. You haven't copped a VAC ban or something else obscure? You can login to your Steam account from other locations or computers?

Perhaps try installing the 2FA app on your phone?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

RobYob wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:14 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:09 pm

Steam.
Sorry my IT troubleshooting extends to turning it off and on again. You haven't copped a VAC ban or something else obscure? You can login to your Steam account from other locations or computers?

Perhaps try installing the 2FA app on your phone?
I haven't used Steam in years, I've been clicking on the Forgot your account details button but I just get a spinning cog and nothing happens. We're getting Virgin taken out and a new broadband supply put in next week so I'll see if that makes any difference.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

If anyone is still interested in Forza/ Project Cars or Assetto Corsa they have soem pretty cheap at CEX etc.
I picked up FM7 and Project Cars for less than £20, (and Just Cause 3 for £3!) it was a good way to use up some old vouchers I had in the wallet.

Assetto Corsa stock is here....

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id= ... =boxsearch
Cockwobble
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

davecG60 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:58 pm If anyone is still interested in Forza/ Project Cars or Assetto Corsa they have soem pretty cheap at CEX etc.
I picked up FM7 and Project Cars for less than £20, (and Just Cause 3 for £3!) it was a good way to use up some old vouchers I had in the wallet.

Assetto Corsa stock is here....

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id= ... =boxsearch
Thanks for that, I managed to get FM7 brand new and sealed for £7 on eBay!