Broadband providers

dinny_g

Re: Broadband providers

Post by dinny_g »

I’m choosing to listen to Delphi in this thread… :lol:

Zen have been generally brill but I just can’t justify nearly £40 extra per month for our use. Sky Box, Xbox, 3 iPhones, 2 social use laptops and my work laptop which doesn’t need super fast connectivity anyway. Mainly file transfers and the occasional Teams call
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Virgin have been driving me nuts over the last fortnight, the service keeps dropping out and their customer services are useless. After three calls over the period of a week, trying to sort out the problems, I made a call to Community Fibre.

They have been brilliant. They gave me 2 months completely free to see out my Virgin contract, so billing will start in the first week of July. The service is £22.50 a month for 200Mbps up/down vs Virgin £38 for 100Mbps up/10Mbps down. The wifi router is a Linksys mesh node, which I suspect means I can add another if I wanted?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I called Virgin before we went to Spain and actually spoke to someone English! He said he could see there was a fault but didn’t know what it was. They referred themselves to Ofcom and said they would monitor the connection for a week then tell Virgin how much compensation they had to give us. Not heard anything yet though.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

City Fibre / Vodaphone came today - all done within 45 minutes.

Speed's immediately 450 Mbps at the router and I hope to see that improve a bit over the next few weeks while it settles in. Already 18 times faster for £12 less per month. Fingers crossed it'll remain a good service

Edit - 550 now...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…