Gran Turismo 7

Mito Man

Re: Gran Turismo 7

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like Polyphony Digital have finally turned into full cunts like Rockstar. Not enough people buying micro transactions so they’ve nerfed the payouts on races and the servers have been offline for maintenance but you can’t even play offline :roll:
Also I was pretty gutted when I realised the used car dealer isn’t like GT4, it doesn’t update on a race by race basis, it’s the same for everyone as it’s online based and they change 1 car on it per day…

The driving is solid but all the above is frankly poor.
How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'll let them "fix" the latest update issue before I get too upset, but if this becomes a thing I'll be requesting a refund from Amazon, I'm not standing for that schizz.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Micro transactions in a £60 game which doesn’t even get you any new content is a laugh. I did think the cars in this game were way overpriced too however the game paid out well enough at first and the menus gave plenty of free cars but now that’s over... I managed to earn 2 million credits after completing 70% of the game and about 600,000 was from the roulette thing. Not going to be buying many of those legendary cars once at this rate.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I never intended getting involved with the transactions anyway, but if they're going to change the rules after I've bought the game, they will quickly find out that players won't stand for that. Good luck selling the next one chaps..
Hates_

Post by Hates_ »

Have to say I'm really impressed with how good using motion control is! Not so impressed with the recent patches and how much harder grinding for cars has become.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Was genuinely thinking of getting a PlayStation so I could play this game. Looks like I dodged a bullet :lol:
Hates_

Post by Hates_ »

jamcg wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:27 am Was genuinely thinking of getting a PlayStation so I could play this game. Looks like I dodged a bullet :lol:
I'm still really enjoying it 🤷‍♂️
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's a shame they've gone down this route with the monetisation. Up til now first party Sony games have been good examples of how you can make a AAA game without shameless money grubbing.

I've stopped looking for PS5s as there's nothing I really want it for.
An absolute unit
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

So much this:

Barry

Post by Barry »

Latest blog suggests they've realised it was a step too far, pretend its a "mis-spoke" and throw some free credits out into the crowd :lol:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25 ... y-digital/

Still, 1m free credits.. woo
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I like that they're adding some 1 hour endurance races - I made my own 30 min race last week and after winning it I got a lousy 15,000 credits. Anyway it's free Far Cry this weekend so I'll be on that instead.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I see the metacritic score has sunk below BF2042 which is quite some achievement considering what an absolute fucking mess Dice made of that.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Got back into this tonight after a break. Got the update installed and they've sorted the economy again so its much better. Endurance races are an hour each and I just did Tsukuba and got 1,200,000 credits. The changeable weather is great and really comes into its own in the longer races. I was totally off the pace in Tsukuba but could see more rain coming so skipped a pitstop and stayed on inters with some fuel saving to come in first.
There's also a bit of a weird damage model which only seems to last 30 seconds and then fixes itself :?
The circuit experience gives a silly amount of money too so most cars are now pretty easy to save up for again.
dan

Post by dan »

Picked up a ps5 with GT7 yesterday and played for a couple of hours, enjoying it so far.

I also got given a million credits for some server related issue which was nice :D
Barry

Post by Barry »

Big leak of new motors coming to the next patches.. some cool stuff, some meh, including a forum favourite Merc 500E! (20 min mark)

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Just getting into this now and really enjoying it so far - suspect I'm not deep enough in yet to notice new cars added, but more the merrier!
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Currently exploiting a glitch that gets you limitless tickets to win fancy ass engines for engine swapping. Had to bust my ass this week to get far enough in the game to unlock the levels where the ticket is released in order to expose the glitch. 13/16 of the engines and counting while I spin the roulette wheel over, and over and over :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Picked up a ps5 and this last week. Really enjoying it, but I feel like the roulette things are pointless as I’m yet to get anything other than the smallest prize available!!!