Shopping

Broccers

Shopping

Post by Broccers »

Aldi follows Tesco and opens supermarket where shoppers can't pay with cash or card

Shoppers will be able to leave with their items without putting them through the checkout

How can this feasibly work? What if you picked up a short dated item with a discount or items priced by weight?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-22786698
mik

Re: Shopping

Post by mik »

Don't think they answer your questions, but more info on technology in these 2 vids

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I can see it working for simple smaller shops like those. I prefer the second example where you confirm what you've 'bought'.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

They've been doing this in the US for a while - it's clever tech - I'm sure they've overcome those simple issues.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Put on your MASK, the cameras won't RECOGNISE you and you get FREE stuff!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 am They've been doing this in the US for a while - it's clever tech - I'm sure they've overcome those simple issues.
How would you suggest getting around items that you bag like fruit, veg or cakes etc? There needs to be a count / weight on each and a camera isn't in my mind able to weigh things :D

Where this is not an option in a shop then great its another step away from dehumanising a shopping experience :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

They track the masks. Didn’t you know ? That’s why the masks are mandatory now, so THEY can control us.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 am
Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 am They've been doing this in the US for a while - it's clever tech - I'm sure they've overcome those simple issues.
How would you suggest getting around items that you bag like fruit, veg or cakes etc? There needs to be a count / weight on each and a camera isn't in my mind able to weigh things :D

Where this is not an option in a shop then great its another step away from dehumanising a shopping experience :lol:
do your own research Broccers.
mik

Post by mik »

Everyone who had had a vaccine will transmit their shopping data to BillG whenever they enter a 5G area. They are just ironing out the final bugs - if you have an apple your bank account is currently charged for an iPad mini.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:56 am Everyone who had had a vaccine will transmit their shopping data to BillG whenever they enter a 5G area. They are just ironing out the final bugs - if you have an apple your bank account is currently charged for an iPad mini.
Makes sense :D
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

We've had these in London for a while now :lol: I've visited the Amazon store in Kentish Town, where you scan your Amazon app on the way in, then pick up whatever groceries you want and walk out. We even tried to confuse it by picking up different bread rolls and then putting them back etc.

It worked perfectly and also felt totally illegal to grab things off shelves and walk straight out the door :D last time I did that was back in my partying days :lol:

In other food-retail news, Getir, the new grocery delivery app delivered ice cream to my front door in 7 minutes from ordering last night. They don't even charge delivery. I get the feeling that food retail is gonna change a lot in the next 5-10 years.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Getir is dangerous.. less than 10 mins to get alcohol delivered is awesome but also, not so.. 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Really dangerous, especially because there's none of the big mark-up like you get on Uber Eats groceries, it makes it way more accessible for regular use.
Beany

Post by Beany »

IanF wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 am Getir is dangerous.. less than 10 mins to get alcohol delivered is awesome but also, not so.. 😂
I'm literally outside of two delivery areas by about a mile on each side. Gutted!