Forza Horizon 5

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Forza Horizon 5

Post by Matty »

Out next week for Game Pass/Pre-orders. Arriba, ¡Ándale

Looks exactly like the last one with a bit more glitz on it, although at least the car sounds are much improved.

Mito Man

Re: Forza Horizon 5

Post by Mito Man »

Have they just not bothered with Forza Motorsport then? I thought they usually alternated.
How about not having a sig at all?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Still not finished the last one :|
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I think they were working on FH5 as a crossover Xbone/Series title, whereas FM8 is only going to be on the series consoles.

Because of the live service season stuff they aren’t really games you finish anymore. Looking forward to the new one though, I’ve pretty much stopped playing 4.
An absolute unit
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I've preinstalled it already, looking forward to having something new to play. It's felt a bit dead in the gaming space for me recently. Played Back 4 Blood with a mate and completed that within about 5 days, then it's back to not really playing anything.

I think what Zed has said is right as well, FM was meant to be exclusive to next gen, but FH is a big money maker, so would make sense to have it available to as many people as possible, especially given how hard it still is to get a next gen console.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You’re right about Xbox being w bit light on content at the moment.

I’ve been catching up on stuff on my PS4, only Xbox I’ve been playing is Snowrunner and the odd indy game.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

As an Xbow newbie I'd like to know which Forza has proper racetracks. I've been playing, and enjoying Horizon 5 but would like to spank round some well known racetracks.

Fav car so far is the Ken Block Focus 😁
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Forza Motorsport is the more simulator / focused racing game which has race cars and tracks. However the last one to come out was Forza Motorsport 7, which was 2017. I think it was actually recently removed from the Xbox store, so you'd have to get a physical copy to play it now. I've not played it in a while, but I don't think it was as good as the older Motorsport games. 3 and 4 were the hay day for me.

As mentioned above, the next iteration isn't out yet as it was meant to be a next gen exclusive, so they're releasing Horizon 5 on the 9th November which will be cross gen.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Brannen wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:32 am Forza Motorsport is the more simulator / focused racing game which has race cars and tracks. However the last one to come out was Forza Motorsport 7, which was 2017. I think it was actually recently removed from the Xbox store, so you'd have to get a physical copy to play it now. I've not played it in a while, but I don't think it was as good as the older Motorsport games. 3 and 4 were the hay day for me.

As mentioned above, the next iteration isn't out yet as it was meant to be a next gen exclusive, so they're releasing Horizon 5 on the 9th November which will be cross gen.
Ah. Ok.

What other recent driving games are good for race tracks??
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Honestly, your best bet if you want something just now is to get a second hand copy of FM7. Most of the more simulation driving games are so focused on using a steering wheel that they're shite with controllers.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id ... 9842227932
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Just downloading FM7 from them with my game pass. I'll have a blast later. 👍
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 pm Just downloading FM7 from them with my game pass. I'll have a blast later. 👍
Talking out of my hoop! Found it on the app but I can't download it 🙁
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

McSwede wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 pm
McSwede wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 pm Just downloading FM7 from them with my game pass. I'll have a blast later. 👍
https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id= ... =boxsearch

Pop in your local cex or order for delivery?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My Xbox One S has nowhere to put a disc sadly. Thanks anyway 👍
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Project Cars 2 has the most tracks and it has many of the smaller UK ones https://www.projectcarsgame.com/two/the-tracks/
I have it on PC with a wheel and the handling is a bit hit and miss - no idea how that reflects on a controller. Probably still the prettiest driving game.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

PC2 is horrible with a controller. Well it is on pc with an Xbox 360 controller, it does look and sound great though.

Looking forward to a new horizon as haven’t played 4 for ages although I’ll probably be annoyed at lots of bits they’ve probably removed from the last one.

Just hope there’s less focus on clothing and dance moves for you character this time :roll:
Cheers, Harry
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Assets Corsa is good on Xbox One/X, not played it with a controller but it's decent enough with a wheel.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Hopefully it will like my new thrustmaster wheel - Forza is terrible with it.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 pm
Got home from the seaside and found that FM7 and PC2 are downloading.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Motorsport is great, it’s not a true hardcore sim by any means, but it’s real enough that you can’t just cannonball your way round and the cars have noticeably different weight and balance. They do feel pretty heavy and unresponsive after the horizon games, but you’ll soon adjust.
Cheers, Harry