GTA: the Trilogy

Alex88

Re: GTA: the Trilogy

Post by Alex88 »

They could, but I think at this point the users want a proper new experience - stuff to explore, story, new games modes, etc.

Tbf, Los Santos Tuners DLC wasn't too bad, but the hype died off after a couple of weeks. And now you're left with even more contacts who badger you with messages/calls to buy stuff..

I think Rockstar are doing enormously well out of in-game microtransanctions, so one would assume that 5 will soldier on while it's still bringing in the cash.

Oh, and Red Dead players are especially annoyed - Rockstar have seemingly dumped it completely..
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Interestingly, the Trilogy is being developed by a company called Grove Street Games. Rockstar outsourced it to them but remain a co-publisher.

Maybe Rockstar are working on something else..
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Is there any way to play the original, overhead GTA these days easily? Loved that game...
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Should be easy enough to find an emulator on pc or a retropi
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

There are a few modern games that have a similar vibe to those original GTAs too.

Hotline Miami and Streets of Rogue come to mind.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks, will check those out.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:52 pm Should be easy enough to find an emulator on pc or a retropi
I have a PS1 emulator on my 2012 Mac Mini, runs perfectly and you can connect a PS4 controller via Bluetooth. Will play from original PS1 discs in the SuperDrive if you want.

Mike, if you need details of it I’ll dig them out.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Actually, do you have a modern PlayStation?

My ps3 plays my old ps1 games :lol: (yeah, I know, a ps3 is almost retro itself now.. )
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Most PS3s don’t, though - and IIRC there are plenty of games which don’t work, such as Ape Escape. My Mac emulator even plays that. Impressive.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:58 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:52 pm Should be easy enough to find an emulator on pc or a retropi
I have a PS1 emulator on my 2012 Mac Mini, runs perfectly and you can connect a PS4 controller via Bluetooth. Will play from original PS1 discs in the SuperDrive if you want.

Mike, if you need details of it I’ll dig them out.
Thanks @Jobbo.

Looks like there's a whole world of emulators to consider! Good work-avoidance for me tomorrow I think.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mike, I’ve had a quick look and I have OpenEMU and PCSXR (PCSX Reloaded) installed on my Mac. I’m not sure which I use for PS1 emulation, but you may find one or both need you to download bios files from a PS1. If you struggle I can doubtless find them.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:23 pm Mike, I’ve had a quick look and I have OpenEMU and PCSXR (PCSX Reloaded) installed on my Mac. I’m not sure which I use for PS1 emulation, but you may find one or both need you to download bios files from a PS1. If you struggle I can doubtless find them.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'm sure I can get those here. Afternoon is meeting-tastic so will be doing this then while not on video.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Anyone played the Definitive Edition Trilogy games yet? Not impressed by what I've seen so far.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've got San Andreas on my Xbox but I've only really played the intro. It still looks like an old game but the controls are better. Not sure it would be worth spending £50 on the set but I might pick them up in a sale at somepoint.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Being a bit of a GTA fanboy I want the physical game disc but I noticed that it doesn’t come out till a month later :roll:
From what I have seen on twitch waiting a month or so might not be too bad as it seems extremely glitchy.
How about not having a sig at all?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Yeah San Andreas is a bit glitchy, plays well though, controls are decent.

Still really feels its age though unsurprisingly.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

So far this release seems to be in a two way fight with Cyberpunk for the most shambolic in living memory. Some of the stuff being posted makes you wonder if they did any testing at all or if they were under pressure to release it and just had to get it out the door.
Cheers,

Mike.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Having completed all of the original GTA:3 trilogy (found Vice City considerably harder than San Andreas) will I be disappointed to go back and revisit them?

When I had the Sony Playstation Phone I bought GTA3 for that and it played well apart from one level where the finesse of the joysticks were needed for sniping (the two analogue touchpads just didn't have the precision required) and I got stuck there apart from that it was great fun to re-live it.

Don't use the PS4 much but I might be tempted to go out and get this for it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The Vice City mission which required you to fly a RC helicopter through the construction site still haunts me to this day :lol:
I'm guessing with the greatly improved controllers and control schemes we have these days it will be much easier.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:15 am So far this release seems to be in a two way fight with Cyberpunk for the most shambolic in living memory. Some of the stuff being posted makes you wonder if they did any testing at all or if they were under pressure to release it and just had to get it out the door.
I assumed this was hyperbole.

Seems it's not.

Fucking oof that's a bad launch.