GTA: the Trilogy

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

GTA: the Trilogy

Post by IanF »

😎Out Nov 11th.. I’ve a PS5 that’s still in its box 🤭 and an XSX that isn’t connected to a TV but may get this! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
RobYob

Re: GTA: the Trilogy

Post by RobYob »

I hope they can get all the music for Vice City licensed, that had such a great soundtrack.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m looking forward to this but wish Rockstar would get on with GTA6 too.
How about not having a sig at all?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

RobYob wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:14 pm I hope they can get all the music for Vice City licensed, that had such a great soundtrack.
They lost the rights to much of the music a while back; there has been no official announcement but rumour is it's unlikely they'll be able to.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Matty wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:27 pm
RobYob wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:14 pm I hope they can get all the music for Vice City licensed, that had such a great soundtrack.
They lost the rights to much of the music a while back; there has been no official announcement but rumour is it's unlikely they'll be able to.
Yeah lots of old games had limited licences for music. It'd be a shame though, one of my favourite GTA-VC memories is vehicular mayhem backed by Toto. :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I loved those games, but no way am I spending £55 to buy them again - they've obviously done what they can with the graphics, but they look pretty poor to me.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If you have PS Now and/or Gamepass you won't need to buy them all. GTA3 is going on PSNow and San Andreas is going to be on Gamepass. I might buy Vice City for my Switch as it's my favourite one and the last time I tried to play it the ancient controls drove me mad.

The KOTOR remaster is coming out the same day though.
An absolute unit
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

I have a feeling that it'll be great for a while but the nostalgic novelty value will quickly wear off.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:17 pm I’m looking forward to this but wish Rockstar would get on with GTA6 too.
I reckon they have GTA 6 / GTAO 2 essentially made, and will only look to release it when 5 stops being the relentless money machine that it is.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Alex88 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:11 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:17 pm I’m looking forward to this but wish Rockstar would get on with GTA6 too.
I reckon they have GTA 6 / GTAO 2 essentially made, and will only look to release it when 5 stops being the relentless money machine that it is.
How do you replace 5 though - that's going to be some project. We used to race with some of the Rockstar guys but haven't seen them in years.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

scotta wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 am How do you replace 5 though - that's going to be some project. We used to race with some of the Rockstar guys but haven't seen them in years.
I got GTA V for free on the Epic Store giveaway last year, still haven't made time to do more than the opening mission... Will make time for it someday, I finally got around to Witcher 3 after six years :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I didn't have a PS2 and never played GTA3, Vice City or San Andreas when they were current. I've still not played them even now. As someone who bought GTA4 and Liberty City Stories without really playing them for long, it took GTA5 to really grab me. I suspect I'd not get much out of playing the Trilogy games for the first time on PS5 so I don't think I'll bother. One for nostalgists really, I'm sure.

Every now and again I think I'll go back and play GTA4 all the way through but then I remember how irritating the cars were to drive compared to GTA5 and decide not to.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

4 is the worst one imo. I'm a big fan of the series and it took me a couple of attempts to actually finish it.

If the remasters do enough to make the games feel modernish to play I'd say it would be worth playing Vice City.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don't think I finished 4, aside from the new rag doll physics it didn't grab me much.

Vice City was my favourite. I hope they add a more normal autosave feature though and maybe Tommy Vercetti can finally learn to swim :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:34 am 4 is the worst one imo. I'm a big fan of the series and it took me a couple of attempts to actually finish it.

If the remasters do enough to make the games feel modernish to play I'd say it would be worth playing Vice City.
Cheers, might be worth a try in that case. I have the 6CD soundtrack so can play all of the music even if it's not in the game now :lol: It was a bit iconic so I felt like I missed out, not having tried the game before.

Having said that, I imagine it feels pretty sparsely populated compared to GTA5.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The map is tiny and there isn't the variety of vehicles, random encounters etc. The flip side is that it's a much tighter story and there are (imo) more interesting side characters. The cast is incredible too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314123/fu ... t_ov_st_sm
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Oh, I had no idea Danny Dyer was in it. I'm out :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He’s in San Andreas too, gets the piss ripped out of him in both :lol:.

The annoying producer guy from the island GTA:O dlc is pretty similar tbh.
An absolute unit
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

scotta wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 am
Alex88 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:11 pm
How do you replace 5 though - that's going to be some project. We used to race with some of the Rockstar guys but haven't seen them in years.
Indeed. A monumental project at that.. despite its issues, 5 is still a masterpiece.

But it surely has a finite shelf life, and I think that's demonstrated with the community's growing frustration at Rockstar/Take 2 milking 5 for everything it's worth. Look at the like/dislike ratio on YouTube for GTA expanded and enhanced trailer. Something like 30k likes / 250k dislikes..

It's pretty nuts that this game has survived 8 years and 3 iterations of console.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

They could always make a proper DLC - that way they keep the map and all the gameplay mechanics but add a few new characters for a new storyline. They really should have done that for the expanded and enhanced update, sort of like in GTA4.