Pixel 6 Pro

McSwede

Pixel 6 Pro

Post by McSwede »

Ordered mine already. Pissed and very happy 😁😁
DaveE

Re: Pixel 6 Pro

Post by DaveE »

The combination of a 'meh' upgrade to the iPhone and very ugly and very big Pixel means I'll be sticking with my Pixel 5 for a good while yet

The Pixel 6 looks like cracking value for money though...
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm not sure six hundred quid is good value for money, it'll depend on performance vs that price I suppose.

I'll get my Pixel 4 XL back today (after taking ages to send it back for repair :lol: ) so hopefully that'll last me a bit longer, and hopefully the battery won't shit itself again....
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 am I'm not sure six hundred quid is good value for money, it'll depend on performance vs that price I suppose.

I'll get my Pixel 4 XL back today (after taking ages to send it back for repair :lol: ) so hopefully that'll last me a bit longer, and hopefully the battery won't shit itself again....
I DIY'd the replacing my 3a charge port, apart from carefully melting and unpicking the adhesive with hot water in a bag it wasn't too bad an experience, certainly saved me a lot of money.

I'm entirely failing to see any "Must Have" feature of pretty much any smartphone released of late though.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

RobYob wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:07 am
Beany wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 am I'm not sure six hundred quid is good value for money, it'll depend on performance vs that price I suppose.

I DIY'd the replacing my 3a charge port, apart from carefully melting and unpicking the adhesive with hot water in a bag it wasn't too bad an experience, certainly saved me a lot of money.

I'm entirely failing to see any "Must Have" feature of pretty much any smartphone released of late though.
How did you do that Rob? I'm guessing phone in a sealed bag in a bowl of hot water or something? I need to replace the battery on my Samsung S10 before being able to sell it. I tried to use a hairdryer to take it apart before getting my new phone and all I did was smash the back cover into a million pieces but not enough to actually change the battery.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

KevH18 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:28 am How did you do that Rob? I'm guessing phone in a sealed bag in a bowl of hot water or something? I need to replace the battery on my Samsung S10 before being able to sell it. I tried to use a hairdryer to take it apart before getting my new phone and all I did was smash the back cover into a million pieces but not enough to actually change the battery.
Followed this guide mainly https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Google+Pix ... ent/124313 but instead of the "iOpener" it was hot/boiling water into a ziplock bag. This bag goes in a bowl. Paper towel or tea towel on top of the water bag and then phone onto that tea towel. Tbh the tea towel probably isn't necessary but it would be handy for any drips. The phone does have to get quite hot to soften that glue so ended up refreshing the hot water from the kettle a couple of times.

Being a lazy cheapskate (as if you hadn't already guessed) I did not buy a new glue sealant part but reheated the phone upon assembly to make it feel pretty secure again.

Edit. I used this toolkit https://store.ifixit.co.uk/products/ess ... cs-toolkit
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

KevH18 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:28 am
RobYob wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:07 am

How did you do that Rob? I'm guessing phone in a sealed bag in a bowl of hot water or something? I need to replace the battery on my Samsung S10 before being able to sell it. I tried to use a hairdryer to take it apart before getting my new phone and all I did was smash the back cover into a million pieces but not enough to actually change the battery.
I’m guessing he put hot water in a bag and put it on the part..
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just chuck it in the microwave next time ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

I was all poised to order a 256GB 6 (Non-pro) last night, but they don't bring the higher capacity variants to the UK and I didn't want to stump up the extra £££ to get a Pro over a non-pro.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

Still rocking my Pixel 2XL here. :lol: :oops:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Pixel 6 ordered here.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Simon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:28 pm I was all poised to order a 256GB 6 (Non-pro) last night, but they don't bring the higher capacity variants to the UK and I didn't want to stump up the extra £££ to get a Pro over a non-pro.
I didn't see the need for big storage for mine. My Pixel 2 XL is 64gb but due to lots of cloud storage is never anywhere near full. 128gb will be way more than I need.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Barry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:56 pm Still rocking my Pixel 2XL here. :lol: :oops:
Me too. 4yrs old this month and it's starting to play silly buggers. Main camera won't work and sometimes the battery doesn't want to charge. It still lasts pretty well though.

It has been an awesome phone. I love it it!!
Barry

Post by Barry »

McSwede wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:23 pm
Barry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:56 pm Still rocking my Pixel 2XL here. :lol: :oops:
Me too. 4yrs old this month and it's starting to play silly buggers. Main camera won't work and sometimes the battery doesn't want to charge. It still lasts pretty well though.

It has been an awesome phone. I love it it!!
Mine still working fairly well tbh, battery even lasts a day. I make sure to only use the main camera app though, read a few comments about third party apps bricking it.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Only ever used the camera app that came on it. It's just buggered now sadly ☹️
Marv

Post by Marv »

I'd hope for 256GB storage for ~£600, but I guess phones generally just keep getting more expensive...
Oui, je suis un motard.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Marv wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:13 pm
I'd hope for 256GB storage for ~£600, but I guess phones generally just keep getting more expensive...
Just curious, but what do people fill their phones with that requires that much space?? With cloud storage and streaming what the chuff takes up that many GB's 😂
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Spending over 200 for a phone, madness.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

My Pixel 3a is still doing everything I need and takes great pictures. Not seen any reason to upgrade just yet.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Ordered a Pixel 6 for my wife as I'm nice like that 😁

Two sets of free headphone means we won't need to talk to one another for ages 😂😂😂