USB-C

GG.

Re: USB-C

Post by GG. »

Yes I have had a couple of non-apple lightning cables just stop working for some reason but none disintegrated.

The only Apple connector that I have had come to pieces is the sheath on the magsafe charging cable for my Macbook but that is an antique now - must be 10 years old so it's died at the same time as I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade the laptop anyway.

As far as USB C goes, the connector on my work Lenovo laptop is woeful - you can rock it back and forth in the socket when plugged in and it never feels secure. Seems like a real backward step from USB A despite it being smaller.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've had a few fray and break where the cable goes into the lightning plug.
An absolute unit
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I use apple carplay, and had to buy a lead I didn’t already have because it’s a vw group car and now only has usb c inputs- I’ve had the car a year and am onto my second lead because the usb c end broke- not the lightening end- and it’s not even the end that gets pulled about
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Single charger, single cable for phone + laptop = winning.

I've never had a cable fall apart on me but I have had non-apple lightning cables eventually die. I see members of the public bring cables that are frayed and tatty in, like they have repeatedly run over and stamped on them.