Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Post by Matty »

Don't really get excited for games releases these days, as my pile of shame is huge....but as the ME franchise is right at the top of my No.1 list, I'm genuinely looking forward to this.

Out this Friday and it looks 8-)

ZedLeg

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Post by ZedLeg »

I can’t decide if I’m going to buy it yet, I love ME but I already have all the originals and my pile of shame is getting embarrassing just now.

Currently got ongoing games in Death Stranding, Disco Elysium, Days Gone and the RE2 remake. Also got FF7 remake and a couple of other things to get into :lol:
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Certainly looks amazing and I remember thoroughly enjoying the first 2. I bailed on 3 because of the origin launcher and the apparently poor ending.

Witcher 3 is still in my pile of shame... :oops:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’ve got Witcher 2 and 3 in mines. Must’ve had 2 for about 8 years :lol:
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I've got lots of games, including Witcher in my "must play" pile. I am looking for something to waste some time on though, might check this one out.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 pm I’ve got Witcher 2 and 3 in mines. Must’ve had 2 for about 8 years :lol:
I managed to read (well listen to while commuting) all the books before making a start of the games. W1 & 2 were great and 3 is iconic, trouble is with the Yoblettes wandering around it's not like I can play it at all during the day so I inevitably boot up Elite or Fortnite.
Matty

Post by Matty »

RobYob wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:11 pm Witcher 3 is still in my pile of shame... :oops:
Argh!

Play it immediately. But give it time; it does take a few hours to get into the swing - combat is a little clunky but the characters, story and side quests are fantastic. The DLC is brilliant too.

Note the Witcher 3 'Enhanced' version is out towards the end of the year, tweaked for next-gen consoles but will also be upgraded on PC. Free for current owners.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

I was looking at this but have played through all 3 originals plus DLC so dunno if it's worth the money/time to go again - probably do everything the same again :lol:

I too must add my name to the pile of shame for the witcher series - I own all 3 and have barely started with the first - haven't even installed the other 2 :oops: :oops:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

RobYob wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 pm I’ve got Witcher 2 and 3 in mines. Must’ve had 2 for about 8 years :lol:
I managed to read (well listen to while commuting) all the books before making a start of the games. W1 & 2 were great and 3 is iconic, trouble is with the Yoblettes wandering around it's not like I can play it at all during the day so I inevitably boot up Elite or Fortnite.
Unlikely to get to any of them any time soon. Just installed Destiny 2 again as a few mates have picked up Xbox series Xs now and were talking about getting into it :lol:
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am
RobYob wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 pm
Unlikely to get to any of them any time soon. Just installed Destiny 2 again as a few mates have picked up Xbox series Xs now and were talking about getting into it :lol:
I didn't really get that into Destiny 2, I think most of those games are dependant on the company you have while playing. So while I'm not a great fan of Fortnite, it's what my mates mostly play.

I've got the 2nd and 3rd Deadspace games, Pillars of Eternity and GTAV to sitting around as well.

The launch of the next Elite Dangerous DLC next week looks like being a thinly disguised Beta so I can put that on the backburner waiting for it to be patched.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I played loads of D2 up to a year or so ago when the folk I was playing with dropped off. Mostly been playing CoD with my mates over lockdown as it was easily accessible to console and PC players, but most of us have new xboxes now so we're looking at what's available on gamepass.

D2 is basically Diablo in a sci-fi fps skin. If hoarding loot to incrementally improve characters is your thing it's great, having been away for a while it's quite confusing to jump back into though.

Gamepass is dangerous tbh, you get easily distracted with hundreds of games and never finish anything :lol:
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

ended up buying it :lol:, got about an hour in before I started work this morning.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I need something for the weekend...

Mass Effect
Witcher 3
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

What's the "best" of that bunch?
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Personally I would get Mass Effect but I haven’t played Witcher 3 and I haven’t bought anything from Ubisoft since the whole sexual harassment thing came out.
An absolute unit
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Having played Witcher 1 and 2 and heard from from friends that you can easily put 100s of hours into Witcher 3 I say Mass Effect for something weekend(ish) sized. From what I remember it's a reasonably straightforward 3PS mechanic whereas Witcher series have a bit filldlier system for sword+spell+buffs combat.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Mass Effect Vs Witcher is the nerd equivalent of whether you'd rather spend a weekend with Margot Robbie or Gal Gagot. Either way you'll have a great time.

But they're both talky/story games. Valhalla isn't the best but is brain-out action.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

As Niki Lauda would say, why not do both :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Legendary Edition is now downloading. Very slowly, but its downloading. No doubt I’ll get up tomorrow to discover the console has switched off with 4% downloaded.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Made a start on Witcher 3. Just is time for the 6 year anniversary of its release!
Finished the opening tutorial it is a spectacularly pretty game already.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Am really enjoying this, although the first one is a bit clunky which I guess is to be expected given its age. Immersed in the story though.
Cheers,

Mike.