SSD clone software

mr_jon

SSD clone software

Post by mr_jon »

Hi all, just got myself a new SSD only to find (admittedly aged) copy of Acronis doesn't appear to work anymore. I'm too tight to spend dosh on something I just need to use once. Anyone got a license they don't mind lending me? Happy to uninstall/erase details afterward. A lot of SSD's come with an OEM license of some flavour of cloning software, so hopefully someone can help.

Ta ducks!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: SSD clone software

Post by Matty »

Macrium Reflect.

It's great, and free.
Beany

Post by Beany »

mr_jon wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:29 pm Hi all, just got myself a new SSD only to find (admittedly aged) copy of Acronis doesn't appear to work anymore. I'm too tight to spend dosh on something I just need to use once. Anyone got a license they don't mind lending me? Happy to uninstall/erase details afterward. A lot of SSD's come with an OEM license of some flavour of cloning software, so hopefully someone can help.

Ta ducks!
If it's Windows you're moving around, does it not still have a pretty friendly full on backup and recovery system?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Matty wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:44 pm Macrium Reflect.

It's great, and free.
That's perfect, thanks, it's doing its stuff as I speak. All I could find was BS freemium stuff that didn't do GPT disks or some such spurious rubbish, without paying. Looking forward to the ten-fold disk speed gain with the PCIe 4 NVMe. Just water cooling left to do. Oh, and a better PSU. Oh, and a new GPU, should they ever become available for mere mortals :lol:
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

2800MBps seq. write speed - adequate for notepad duties. Much snappier vs. a SATA SSD in an hour's general use.

Thanks again for rec.