What TV’s are we buying these days???

Barry

Re: What TV’s are we buying these days???

Post by Barry »

If you're buying LG, do some research on the internal WiFi modules, as mine is borked at 2yrs old and makes the remote wand nigh unusable and most of the streaming features off line. Not impressed at all. Screen is great though.

Toying with getting a new TV and using this just for gaming, but it's a big unit for my tiny house 🤣
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Another vote for Sony Androids, we've 2 both are brill.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

GG. wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:52 pm I splashed out recently (first new tv in 7 years) and bought a 48 inch LG OLED (OLED48CX5LC)

It is essentially the same price as the 55 - so not good value but we didn’t want the 55 as it sits on a wall in the front room with a door on it and any larger would mean it would be noticeably off centre (plus would probably look too large for the room and therefore a bit chavvy).

I was properly amazed in the step up in quality from our old Panasonic. The HDR makes an amazing difference and the 4K is certainly a noticeable uplift in resolution even on a 48 inch TV. The F1 looks awesome.

I would certainly recommend OLED rather than any variant of LED if you’re spending that kind of money (and don’t intend to face it directly opposite a large window).

That look nice 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mr_jon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:56 am Have a look to see if the tv is dropping to 2.4ghz wifi.
Had it happen again today on a video from the same Youtuber. Wasn’t signal dropping; it seemed more like the telly running out of RAM to cache.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ill be looking for similar soon. We have decided to turn the kids play room into a cinema/xbox room now they are both a bit older.

Im going to move my AV amp in there and buy some matching centre and surround speakers to go with my Q acoustics floor standers I bought a year or so ago. Ive already got a pair of bargain cinema style recliners someone locally was selling. Going to raise the floor at the back of the room and buy a 2 seater recliner to sit on that. Not a small project but it should be good.

Telly wise i had looked at projectors but you can get a LG or Samsung 65-70" 4k telly for around £800.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Got a 70” 4K Samsung for £718 from Costco last week, for the hall, seems decent! :lol: