Cheap noise cancelling headphones

Beany

Cheap noise cancelling headphones

Post by Beany »

Seems you can get noise cancelling headphones for under a ton these days, and even under £50.

Anyone got any experience with them/suggestions?

Looking for over ear, rather than in-ear - it's for the office so a fair amount of removing them/putting them back on that is a pain with in-ears.
Anker Soundcore Q20 seem to be cheapy cheap, Q30s better but a bit more than I want to spend for shutting up the office when I'm working.
RobYob

Re: Cheap noise cancelling headphones

Post by RobYob »

Friend of mine has a set of Taotronics noise cancelling headphones that were really impressive. I then bought the next generation of the same style and they were so rubbish I returned them.

So whatever you buy make sure it has a solid returns policy just in case you hate the signal processing for the cancellation.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

RobYob wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:14 pm Friend of mine has a set of Taotronics noise cancelling headphones that were really impressive. I then bought the next generation of the same style and they were so rubbish I returned them.

So whatever you buy make sure it has a solid returns policy just in case you hate the signal processing for the cancellation.
I've two pairs of Taotronics and the sound is brilliant. The touch controls on the noise cancelling ones is a bit crap other than that what more can you want for 50 quid.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Taotronics seem to have nothing I'm interested in avaialble at the moment (over ear, not in ear) so I suppose Anker it is, as they do seem to be pretty well regarded for the price.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 am Taotronics seem to have nothing I'm interested in avaialble at the moment (over ear, not in ear) so I suppose Anker it is, as they do seem to be pretty well regarded for the price.
These ones?
link
Beany

Post by Beany »

Think those are used?

"Buy used:
£47.23"

That's not even reconditioned, just used.

Used headphones. Eeew.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

They might be the ones I returned.

You can have some genuine NVH engineer DNA on you :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:04 pm They might be the ones I returned.

I've told you before, bottle of wine and a bag of chips if you want to do that.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:25 pm
RobYob wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:04 pm They might be the ones I returned.

I've told you before, bottle of wine and a bag of chips if you want to do that.
Since when does wine come in bottles?

Beany

Post by Beany »

Brewers droop becomes an issue after a point ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Went for the Q30s in the end, picking them up from my mate (he has a prime account) later today, hurrah, etc.
Beany

Post by Beany »

These are rather bloody good. Doing a tip run, sitting in the car with the roof down, full of bin bags - can't hear car, can barely hear the odd crashes and bangs from the industrial estate I'm in.

For the money these are perhaps 80-90% as good for noise cancelling as my mates £300 Sony's, although I imagine the ultimate sound quality of his would be better if pushed.

For £70-80 though? Very impressed.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Working well in the office. Nukes almost all bass, so the louder members of the office (who apparently were never told as children what an inside voice is) just become a quiet, tinny rattle, rather than a booming, braying concentration breaker.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:19 am Working well in the office. Nukes almost all bass, so the louder members of the office (who apparently were never told as children what an inside voice is) just become a quiet, tinny rattle, rather than a booming, braying concentration breaker.
Good to (not) hear :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's genuinely making a difference - a few times the usual offenders have been shouting to each other, and normally that's a brain-scraping train-of-thought breaker that would have wound me right the fuck up.

I've not even really noticed it today.

It's bloody amazing. Of course, the fact that this office is so woefully unprofessional that £80 of noise cancelling headphones are required to make it bearable says a lot about this place....
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:25 pm It's bloody amazing. Of course, the fact that this office is so woefully unprofessional that £80 of noise cancelling headphones are required to make it bearable says a lot about this place....
All open plan offices in every company are rubbish for getting time without distraction.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Most open plan offices don't involve people loudly and proudly stating that they are GOING FOR A SHIT at the top of their voice while there are two people on customer facing phone calls though.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:21 pm Most open plan offices don't involve people loudly and proudly stating that they are GOING FOR A SHIT at the top of their voice while there are two people on customer facing phone calls though.
:lol: Classy