Ever wanted to play a 70s/80s heavy metal album cover?

Beany

Ever wanted to play a 70s/80s heavy metal album cover?

Post by Beany »

The latest Doom Eternal DLC has you covered.

Yes, that's him riding a dragon to war and why yes, that is the Dark Lord in what might as well be Chaos Marine getup.

It's probably a good job they're ending the main series here, as I genuinely don't know how they can make the game more thematically bonkers than it currently is. I mean, I'm impressed they've gone from semi-serious but knowingly referential Doom 2016 through to....well, this, and it's still working as a concept.

Out tomorrow if you feel the need to smash someone in the face with a massive hell-energy powered warhammer on your way to literally kicking Satans nads into his throat.
RobYob

Re: Ever wanted to play a 70s/80s heavy metal album cover?

Post by RobYob »

That does look awesome 8-)

I imagine everything is juuuuust different enough to 40k etal to not be paying licencing.

I really need to give Elite and Fortnite a rest and play some other games. :oops:
Beany

Post by Beany »

My computer won't even play DOOM 2016, and even if I did fart about with it to make it run these, I'm pretty sure from the playthroughs I've seen, Eternal would make me feel old and slow.

I'm just enjoying them clearly having a right fucking laugh with the property, they must be having a blast putting this stuff together.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Thought about signing up to a streaming service to play the latest shiney?

Mate of mine is very happy with GeForce now playing everything on a potato laptop.

Even PVP multiplayer it's usually not noticeable he's streaming, at least not amongst the rest of us useless uncompetitive n00bs.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nah, to be honest I don't enjoy gaming that much these days - I mostly fiddle around in old source ports (Doom, Build and ROTT engines) and occasionally have a blast with cheats on in Serious Sam games, etc, so I don't think I'd get anything out of it.

That, and I really don't have the time for gaming at the moment - I've been doing ten hours days pretty regularly for the last couple of months (and I'm the full time NOC for a telecoms company so am on call 24/7365 so never really get time 'to myself') and I have zero energy when I get home, so a subs service would be wasted on me. I've even considered dropping Netflix as I just don't feel like I'm using it enough :lol:

I'm slowly getting myself into a position where I can get a job that's less literally abusive to my mental health so perhaps when that's in place and it feels like my evenings and weekends can reliably be mine again.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:09 pm I'm slowly getting myself into a position where I can get a job that's less literally abusive to my mental health so perhaps when that's in place and it feels like my evenings and weekends can reliably be mine again.
That's a depressing position to be in. Really hope the plan comes off so you can enjoy a more relaxed summer.

Of gaming :D
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

@Beany this may be of interest. Seems like Doom crossed with Bullets Per Minute.

Free Demo too, quick try was interesting enough although the trigger discipline required when attacked by a horde is something to learn.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yup, I've seen that - and once I have a computer capable of playing it (or anything modern) I'll be having a look at that :lol: