Nintendo DS Lite

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Nintendo DS Lite

Post by JonMad »

Are they any good? My parents bought one years ago (probably when they came out in 2006) and just gave it to me (well, my son, but I'll look after it for him). It's in good nick, so a nice piece of modern retro. They only have one Sudoku game for it and a cooking/recipe app, so I've just picked up New Super Mario Bros on eBay. Also runs Game Boy Advance cartridges apparently.

We've got an original Wii as well, if it can talk to that?
Left over crest; tightens.
ZedLeg

Re: Nintendo DS Lite

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, they’re good fun. A couple of generations behind where Nintendo is now but you should be able to pick up loads of games second hand.

You can’t really go wrong with the Nintendo first party games.

Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing etc.
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

We’ve got one here somewhere. We enjoyed the Professor Layton games.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Excellent, good to hear.

Turns out the charger is not the same as mini USB as it first appeared. Have asked the parents to dig around for it but only a few quid for one if they can't find it.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

JonMad wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:14 am Excellent, good to hear.

Turns out the charger is not the same as mini USB as it first appeared. Have asked the parents to dig around for it but only a few quid for one if they can't find it.
I have a new one here if you need it, I sold the devices on last lockdown as the kids had moved on to Switch's.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Carlos wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:41 am

I have a new one here if you need it, I sold the devices on last lockdown as the kids had moved on to Switch's.
Thanks. I may take you up on that if they can't locate it. It was our boy getting obsessed with a Switch (not sure where he got the idea from, one of his schoolmates I'm sure, I don't think he's ever actually seen one) that reminded my parents they had the DS Lite laying around.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

JonMad wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:34 am
Carlos wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:41 am

Thanks. I may take you up on that if they can't locate it. It was our boy getting obsessed with a Switch (not sure where he got the idea from, one of his schoolmates I'm sure, I don't think he's ever actually seen one) that reminded my parents they had the DS Lite laying around.
Mine are 14 and 15 so use the Switch to play each other, mates or family online.

Mariokart on both devices is always a winner 8)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My mum still uses her dslite all the time, I had to buy her a replacement for Christmas as one of the screens had worn out. Think it was £40 for a good condition one from cex, which really was in excellent condition and as cheap if not cheaper than eBay etc.
Cheers, Harry
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Still got mine, my eldest is 6 so I may let her have it soon. Advance Wars is a perfect first strategy game.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes, Advance Wars was all the rage back in school.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My wife still uses her for Super Mario and a couple of other games. Our 7 year old loves it too.

Same goes for the Wii. Great fun!
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Got the full fat version which can be plugged into TV. Kids love it 4/6) - Paw patrol, over cooked, Yoshi etc all kid friendly. A lot more engaging than them sitting on tablet.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Shlergen wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:18 pm Got the full fat version which can be plugged into TV. Kids love it 4/6) - Paw patrol, over cooked, Yoshi etc all kid friendly. A lot more engaging than them sitting on tablet.
Witchcraft!! How do I do this? What do I need to purchase??