2021 Gaming

RobYob

2021 Gaming

Post by RobYob »

2020 ambition was to get into VR, play Half Life Alyx and Complete Witcher 3.

What I actually did was put another few hundred hours into Elite, Stardew Valley and complete Black Mesa.

2021, hopefully have the means to get into VR maybe with a HOTAS for more Elite and its expansion Odyssey.

Ironically enough I also want to learn Python to write a bit to automate some of the boring stuff in Elite...

And play Cyberpunk once it's debugged and I've finished Witcher 3.
Beany

Re: 2021 Gaming

Post by Beany »

Last night I downloaded BloodGDX and the Blood shareware files.

Never played it before, the movement is great - haven't played a build engine based game in ages, so getting used to the aiming etc again is annoying.

I have no other specific plans for 2021 gaming other than getting a GPU that can do Vulkan properly so I can use DXVK (a translation layer that turns DirectX API calls to Vulkan - so they work on Linux) and perhaps eeeaaase myself back into games gently.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

My objective is to get back in to gaming in 2021. Got the Series X ready to go and first thing will be to play through RDR2 as its pretty much been gathering dust since I got it.

I returned Cyberpunk, so hopefully that gets patched and the next-gen graphics updates applied soon.

Still not played Witcher 3....
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Massive pile of shame due to insane work hours and needing a new GFX card.

So I'll be trying to grab a 3080 (probably won't be until Spring/Summer after a conversation I had at work with a distributor) and maybe a PS5 as well. Still got HalfLife:Alyx to play!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Just because:

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've just got back into CoD after about 10 years away. Started with Warzone but I've just bought Cold War as I have a few mates playing it. Just bought a Switch too.

New TV and console next year once there are some games worth making the upgrade for.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Still loving Cyberpunk, I’m a bit disappointed that I reached the final mission today - feels like I hardly put any time into the main campaign so found it a surprise. That said I still have days worth of side missions to do and many of them are of campaign quality. Also it’s a bit odd that all the special epic items like the old 911 and guns are shitter than stuff you find freely roaming the world.

Really need a new graphics card this year but they seem non existent for RRP.

Will wait until winter again before buying a PS5 - usually there’s nothing great at launch and what there is costs a silly amount so I’m not fussed about that.
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I'd heard people saying that if you play through Cyberpunk while concentrating on the main mission, you don't even really scratch the surface of many of the game features like the augmentations?
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Correct, there’s so many perks to unlock and they’re all pretty unique attributes so you really have to do the side missions to level up to be able to spend those perk points. When I first started I found that some aspects of the game were frustratingly slow paced such as reloading weapons, aiming and the cyber technology was all but useless, I had to spend hours upgrading those perks and it’s now very slick!

You will also find that many good weapons and armour are level locked so again you have to do side missions to improve that.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I'm just going to leave it until the next-gen update is ready.

Been playing Forza on the new console and TV and boy does that look amazing in 4K.
Cheers,

Mike.
dan

Post by dan »

Finished cyberpunk and really enjoyed it.

Managed to resist filling my steam library with even more games i'll never play in this years sale.

Getting more and more sucked in to the online racing lark, racing for the Demon Tweeks esports team now.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought the expected cyberpunk updates were Just to try and make it even slightly playable on the Xbone / PS4 rather than anything for the new consoles?

Don’t know what my gaming plans are, I was tempted by a new graphics card, but then I don’t really need one as there’s not much out there which the existing setup can’t cope with decently and you can’t get hold of one anyway.

Still enjoying flying about in flight sim and messing around on forza horizon and gta5 when I get a few spare moments.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ascender wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:06 am I'm just going to leave it until the next-gen update is ready.

Been playing Forza on the new console and TV and boy does that look amazing in 4K.
Yeah, Forza looks amazing on my new telly with just my Xbone upscaling the output. Will probably end up buying a series X as soon as they come back into stock.

Saying that, I'm really curious about the PS5 after hearing everyone rave about the new controller. It's so obnoxious looking though.
An absolute unit
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Finally got more than half an hour in to GTA5 last year (had a few goes before), worked through all the main story missions then put it down. Enjoyable.

Really want to get through all the good PS4 exclusives I've picked up cheap, let alone all the PS plus stuff that's untouched. Just got God of War for £7, but have Horizon: Zero Dawn, Last of Us, etc all sat there too.

As with the last couple of years, played way more Twilight Struggle on my ipad than anything else. And I'm still terrible at it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I'm now sold on a PS5 after reading that the next Gran Turismo will feature a proper single player as it will be a throwback to the old games featuring a used car dealership and proper tuning along with the old tracks. Sounds like a ground up GT4 remake which was my favourite of the lot.

MSFS2020 is now playable in VR but I don't think my GPU will handle it.

So for 2021 a new GPU as soon as I can find one although with bitcoin taking off again that's unlikely, and for the end of the year a PS5. Or maybe I'll grow up and stop gaming ;)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I hated the last gt on the ps3, the handling was dogshit, the majority of the cars sounded like microwaves and it seemed like 80% of the cars were low res models ported over from the ps2 versions.

IF they manage to make a ground up game which captures the magic of the first couple of games with modern graphics then I’d buy a ps5 for it.

I remain very sceptical though.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes there hasn’t been a good one since the PS2 days so I’m trying to not get too excited about it!
Barry

Post by Barry »

Rumours that some of the original tracks will make a return, so if its got a decent single player career mode as well, I'm in.

As for growing up/stopping gaming Mito. Have a word with yourself.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I rarely play games these days, but I like to keep a look in and see what's going on.

A GT1 Reboot might interest me. As long as it has the Cerbera LM edition that can be drifted literally everywhere and still kick all the arses. And sounds like a dishwasher.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

RobYob wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:16 am 2020 ambition was to get into VR, play Half Life Alyx and Complete Witcher 3.

What I actually did was put another few hundred hours into Elite, Stardew Valley and complete Black Mesa.

2021, hopefully have the means to get into VR maybe with a HOTAS for more Elite and its expansion Odyssey.

Ironically enough I also want to learn Python to write a bit to automate some of the boring stuff in Elite...

And play Cyberpunk once it's debugged and I've finished Witcher 3.
Well I did finally finish W3 and it was as awesome as everyone said. I will pick up the DLC at some point too.

Needless to say three different jobs and moving back to Aus totally screwed VR and all hardware plans, maybe next year... Won't get my gaming PC back until March and Steam Deck will hopefully be out around then too.

Elite Odyssey was buggy AF until... Well it's getting there after nine months since launch.

Cyberpunk. It has kinda fallen off the my radar.

Had GTAV as a freebie in my Epic account since forever and haven't even finished the training.