FAO Lego Defender peeps

Zonda_

FAO Lego Defender peeps

Post by Zonda_ »

What are they like to build, I came close to buying one on ebay last night but looking at the intricate gearbox put me off. My hand is not fully recovered after the op so I'm worried about being able to do the small bits.

Oh, and are they as big as they look!
Barry

Re: FAO Lego Defender peeps

Post by Barry »

I don't recall it being all that difficult tbh, there's only rudimentary gearbox in this one. Size wise, its about a shoebox sized foootprint. It's a cool model, you should get one.

Also, the F&F Charger is worth a punt,.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I can imagine if your hand is a bit stiff then any Lego building could become painful. I got a bit of cramp in my fingers just putting the Elf Clubhouse together. The Defender has a lot of pins and small bits to fit so could become a chore. Try a smaller set first and then get it if you don't find it problematic.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I don't remember it being too tricky either and its a good mix of the smaller more intricate things and much larger, normal sized bits. Its a really cool model though, definitely recommend it. I was on the fence for ages about it, but really enjoyed building it.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I think I’ll buy one, if I can’t manage it now my hand will improve. Anyone know anywhere discounting them?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

@Zonda_ iirc you’ve got the caterham? This is how it compares to that for size

I enjoyed building it, the gear linkages are pretty complex so not something to do half asleep...
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ah cheers, a fair old size then!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

jamcg wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:57 pm @Zonda_ iirc you’ve got the caterham? This is how it compares to that for size

I enjoyed building it, the gear linkages are pretty complex so not something to do half asleep...
Where did you get the blue Caterham from? The chap who presents the Big Car videos on YouTube has one too; I thought it was probably unique.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 pm
jamcg wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:57 pm @Zonda_ iirc you’ve got the caterham? This is how it compares to that for size

Where did you get the blue Caterham from? The chap who presents the Big Car videos on YouTube has one too; I thought it was probably unique.
https://www.yourwobb.com/products/decoo ... 2610&_ss=r

It’s not real Lego
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I can't compare it to recent Lego as I haven't built any but apart from one bit on a rear wheel arch that was a bit loose it was fine. A fraction of the cost of a Lego one too.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Just managed to buy a new sealed Defender for £100