Sky Q Support

dinny_g

Sky Q Support

Post by dinny_g »

Afternoon all,

My Sky Q box (3 years old) has started to freeze quite regularly - at once a day on average

Sky are saying that my only options are:

1. Pay for an Engineer

or

2. Sign up for another 18 month contract and get the engineer for free

that doesn't sound right no ?? She's off "Seeing what she can do" but I don't own the hardware - I'm not paying for an engineer to fix their hardware
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Re: Sky Q Support

Post by mik »

They changed it at some point so you do own the kit after 12/18 months whatever. It’s stoopid - but it clearly works in their favour!

(I only know this as they offered me an option to pay for extended cover - via my “what?” response and subsequent conversation this became clear. I am no longer a Sky customer....)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Have you tried to do a reset and wipe the hard drive?
How about not having a sig at all?
scotta

Post by scotta »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:46 pm Afternoon all,

My Sky Q box (3 years old) has started to freeze quite regularly - at once a day on average

Sky are saying that my only options are:

1. Pay for an Engineer

or

2. Sign up for another 18 month contract and get the engineer for free

that doesn't sound right no ?? She's off "Seeing what she can do" but I don't own the hardware - I'm not paying for an engineer to fix their hardware
Exactly that - tell them to FRO.

Do however check what deals are on. Re-signing with them saved me £60 a month.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:52 pm They changed it at some point so you do own the kit after 12/18 months whatever. It’s stoopid - but it clearly works in their favour!

(I only know this as they offered me an option to pay for extended cover - via my “what?” response and subsequent conversation this became clear. I am no longer a Sky customer....)
Not for sky Q. You never own that.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

What do you know, she’s found a way to book an engineer for free :roll:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:58 pm
mik wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:52 pm They changed it at some point so you do own the kit after 12/18 months whatever. It’s stoopid - but it clearly works in their favour!

Not for sky Q. You never own that.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I can’t have sky where I live now (big trees blocking signal) but when I did have it I used to cancel it all the time- you get offered some money off to stay but if you stick with it and wait you could guarantee you got a better offer every time before the 30 day period ended