Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Matty »

Out Soon!

Even Porsche are getting in on this action :

RobYob

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by RobYob »

The hype for this is getting mental. I really really really really want it to be good.
So I can add it to the pile of shame. :oops:

Funnily enough I've just finished reading Neuromancer, which is excellent even 36! years on :shock: , I have no doubt the Razor Girls will make an appearance. 8-)
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Delayed again..... December 10th is new release date

Perhaps a blessing so people like me have a chance at grabbing an RTX3070 or one of the Radeon 6000 series cards before it does actually ship/become downloadable via GOG (*crosses everything*) as i'm chugging along on a 4 year old gtx970 :oops:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I cancelled my Xbox Series X order, but this is the one game that's making me rethink that sensible decision. But of course I'd have to upgrade the TV too. By next week.

Hmm....
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ive pre-ordered this. Hoping it will be good.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

scotta wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:21 pm Ive pre-ordered this. Hoping it will be good.
Where’s the best place to get it from - is there any advantage to buying physical over digital these days?

My determination & will to not buy an Xbox has totally been crushed over the last 48 hours. 4K TV ordered and a Series X should be here tomorrow. But I’ll definitely get through all those chores around the house and get a couple of exams sat in my 3 weeks off work....
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

TV was delayed/lost due to the weather yesterday. The guy at Richer Sounds did wonder out loud as to how you could lose a 65" TV, but in the end I just cancelled the order.

Being an impatient sod I spent the first hour this morning trying to find somewhere who'd deliver the same TV within a few days, but was struggling until I found a Euronics store halfway to Glasgow who had one in stock and I could collect. "Just make sure it'll fit in the car" was his closing words.

Feeling pretty smug after finding the boxed dimensions and working out it would fit diagonally, the girl and I set off. Unfortunately it wouldn't come close to fitting in the back of the Navara. Cue the pair of us unboxing this TV by the kerb, bit by bit to see if it would help, until we had to just try the TV across the back seats. Nope, too wide...

In the end we managed to stand the screen up at an angle in the boot with all the packing materials cut up to try and keep to propped up and the wife's saddle stand holding everything in place against the tailgate. Never before have I driven so slowly and smoothly as I didn't realise how thin the screen was, so was convinced I'd get home to find it cracked and have to come up with some tall tale for the home insurance.

Job done, 4K TV is in and working after talking about getting one for what seems like the last 5 years.
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ascender wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:04 pm
scotta wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:21 pm Ive pre-ordered this. Hoping it will be good.
Where’s the best place to get it from - is there any advantage to buying physical over digital these days?

My determination & will to not buy an Xbox has totally been crushed over the last 48 hours. 4K TV ordered and a Series X should be here tomorrow. But I’ll definitely get through all those chores around the house and get a couple of exams sat in my 3 weeks off work....
I just pre-ordered from the xbox store - that way it downloads the game in advance so you can play it straight away on release day
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

scotta wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:15 am

I just pre-ordered from the xbox store - that way it downloads the game in advance so you can play it straight away on release day
👍🏻

Will look on the Store now.

I must be missing a setting on my Xbox as I've never been able to get it to reliably do this. It seems to keep powering the machine off when there's a download in progress.
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ascender wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 am

👍🏻

I must be missing a setting on my Xbox as I've never been able to get it to reliably do this. It seems to keep powering the machine off when there's a download in progress.
Yep - you have to change the power off setting to not!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

scotta wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 am
Ascender wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:40 am

👍🏻

Yep - you have to change the power off setting to not!
:lol:

I did wonder if it was that simple or not given its Microsoft we're talking about!
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well I’m happy I lived long enough to play a game where you could customise genitals.
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Once seen, you can't un-see these bugs. Its really not a great look for an open world game....

Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Now that I've put sufficient time (14 hours) into this that I'm no longer confused at how most the mechanics operate and it's all second nature I'm really enjoying it. I didn't follow any of the predevelopment stuff for this so had no expectations. The concept is a bit odd - it's set in a future where tech is king but all the styling is like 70's buildings and cars, cash is still used all the time and most things are stored on memory card like things. Also it's based on California but it could be Tokyo for all I know as there's so much Japanese about, the road layout reminds me more of Tokyo too.

The worst thing about it seems to be the way the police spawn instantly about 10 feet away from you and start shooting. It takes the fun out of committing crime. I've had other silly bugs making me load a previous autosave but I don't mind it that much. The actual shooting/stealth/hacking mechanics work well. The car handling needs some work too, they don't brake and generally feel odd.
How about not having a sig at all?
dan

Post by dan »

I'm enjoying it a lot, its the first game since GTA5 that i've been at all interested in doing any side quests or just spending time in it.

I wasn't aware that it was so buggy on last gen consoles, I have a pretty quick PC so its playing almost perfectly for me, apart from the odd random floating object i've had no issues.

There's clearly an enormous amount of time and effort that went into creating the world, its got so much detail. I'm finding it very impressive and enjoying it immensely, but like I always say, i'm easily pleased.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Looking forward to playing this.
When it's patched.
And it's £5 on steam.
And I've time.
And I've finished Witcher 3.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Ascender wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:05 pm

Feeling pretty smug after finding the boxed dimensions and working out it would fit diagonally, the girl and I set off. Unfortunately it wouldn't come close to fitting in the back of the Navara.
Talk me through how a T.V. wouldn't fit in the bed of a pick up truck?
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 am
Ascender wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:05 pm

Feeling pretty smug after finding the boxed dimensions and working out it would fit diagonally, the girl and I set off. Unfortunately it wouldn't come close to fitting in the back of the Navara.
Talk me through how a T.V. wouldn't fit in the bed of a pick up truck?
yeah! I get that the bed isn't that long on a double cab, but it's easily 1m+ between the arches and you just put the tailgate down and you've got enough length. That's what I always did.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Looks like the DLSS options aren't too bad in it, even at low-ish resolutions - worth playing with if you have RTX hardware to get your FPS up.

Even if Nvidia did turn into the Evil Empire while promoting it, the stupid, stupid fucking cunts.

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Sony have pulled it from their PS4 store and are offering refunds due to severe bugs and terrible performance
Cheers, Harry