FAO Mik

ZedLeg

FAO Mik

Post by ZedLeg »

[mention]mik[/mention] iirc you got yourself a really nice bluetooth speaker, is that right? Looking for options to replace my homebrew living room set up and get rid of some cables.
An absolute unit
GG.

Re: FAO Mik

Post by GG. »

Are you referring to his Phantom? :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ah yeah, that's the one. Thanks GG :)
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

Yeah. WIFI and Bluetooth.

Devialet Phantom - silver flavour.

But it was a bit of an extravagance :oops: I got £300 off. Which made it an easier purchase, but you could hardly then describe it as cheap....

mik

Post by mik »

Paging [mention]scotta[/mention] to advise on some of the Sonos options.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, it's pricey.

Looks nicer than all the fuzzy black boxes though. got to treat yourself every now and again :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:shock: Pricey!
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Dyanuadio Music units are not high on features, but produce the most natural sound on the market.
Devialet are great at producing a surprising amount of volume from one box.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/music/music-5

Their predictive Music Now app was great, but unfortunatley the company providing it went under during covid, so you're left with the normal radio streaming and airplay.

I still have a trade account with them, but tiny margins on that product line mean that there's only £20-30 that I can get off the 5 and 7 model.

Really you should be going for some Focus 60XD at £7400 - https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/foc ... ocus-60-xd
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Those 60 ones are good looking, remind me of the Tannoy MX speakers I used to have. I think £7k is maybe a bit too much of an indulgence though :lol:
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I've recently bought some Edifier Spinnakers to use in my office (aka small box room), they seem pretty good, not sure if they'd fill a living room though.

https://www.edifier.com/int/en/speakers ... -bluetooth
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:43 pm I've recently bought some Edifier Spinnakers to use in my office (aka small box room), they seem pretty good, not sure if they'd fill a living room though.

https://www.edifier.com/int/en/speakers ... -bluetooth
I hope you bought the red ones and put them on your head occasionally.
GG.

Post by GG. »

They should have had you in their marketing dept.

Suuure... "spinnaker" is an OK name I suppose...but Edifier - "horns of Beelzebub" would be better :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My living room is a big box with high ceilings so I need something with quite a big sound or it ends up sounding shit.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:15 am Paging @scotta to advise on some of the Sonos options.
Ive got the sonos 5 in my kitchen - which was converted from a kitchen diner with a separate dining room to one room 8.2m x4.1m. Even in a room that size its fucking loud and deep. We had 30 odd folk in for a party and it kicked it out all night loud and clear.

When i was buying i compared it side by side with the Bose Soundtouch 35. The Sonos 5 pissed all over it to the point of it being no decision. Fellow customers of John Lewis were obviously well impressed :D

Next to Miks Devialet its certainly no match on the design front but i think that sound quality is very close for half and a bit the price. The Devialet does however look CAF.

ETA - You could buy two Sonos 5's and pair them for wide stereo. The app sets it up for room acoustics which does actually make a bit of a difference.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

For £1800 I’d want it to beam Taylor swift straight onto my lap to sing in my ear :lol:
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

For reference I paid just under £1300 for mine. Yes I know that is still fuck off expensive, but not £1800 :)

Taylor will only stand at the door and sing into the hallway.
GG.

Post by GG. »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 pm beam Taylor swift straight onto my lap to sing in my ear :lol:
Man your fantasies are a bit on the boring side, Harry :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It’s a music playing device, I’m not letting my imagination run too wild ;)
Cheers, Harry
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 pm For £1800 I’d want it to beam Taylor swift straight onto my lap to sing in my ear :lol:
:lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I know you've all been waiting with baited breath for an update on this.

Recently bought a Samsung TU7020 55" with a Sonos beam soundbar for the living room and a Sonos 5 that's currently sitting in the hall so the whole house can get music if we so wish.

Pretty happy with the setup tbh.
An absolute unit