PS5

Mito Man

Re: PS5

Post by Mito Man »

Richard wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:42 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:16 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm Pricing hasn't been announced, first console to crack £500?
Didn’t the PS3 cost more? I remember it being ludicrously expensive at the time.
£425 at time of launch
Probably £500 with an extra controller and game. So over £600 in today’s money. It really was what gave Xbox the legs on it, it felt like most people could not afford one for years.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:10 pm What we need is ED Odyssey on PS5, crossplay and with excellent VR. I might not need another game for a decade! :lol:
Agree to all of that, although FDev appear to have unloaded both barrels footward because Odyssey won't be VR enabled at launch.

Fleet Carriers are X-Play now, as in all platforms can see and interact with them.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I think this might be another generation where I skip the Sony offering.

Xboxsex looks more appealing at this point. Just waiting to see if I’ll be able to get the console and a 4K tv for around a grand now :lol:
An absolute unit
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

:lol:

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

:lol: awesome, pre-ordered. Will of course have an inch of solidified oil in the bottom by the time it gets here.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I managed to order a PS5 from Game this week. Arriving next week.

This thread is pretty quiet; I take it the lack of stock means not many of us have them? I only bought it because I’m still playing GTA and a few of my regular friends are using PS5s to play with us on PS4, so there’s no real reason not to. Particularly when my PS4 is creaking now 😄
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I'm still after one, but as the stock disappears before i even get to the page and I'm not willing to sit on StockAlert pages I've always missed the restock.
Simon

Post by Simon »

A friend with a PS5 took his daughters to a local cinema the other week. They were able to rent a whole screen, plug in the PS5 and play games for the afternoon. So cool.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Simon wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:01 am A friend with a PS5 took his daughters to a local cinema the other week. They were able to rent a whole screen, plug in the PS5 and play games for the afternoon. So cool.
Explanify please..
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Matty wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:47 am I'm still after one, but as the stock disappears before i even get to the page and I'm not willing to sit on StockAlert pages I've always missed the restock.
Nor was I but I followed PS5 Stock Alert UK on Twitter and they gave a time window of 9-11am for Game restocking. It became available at 10am, and I had the right page open to get into the queue. I’d also followed their advice to go for a bundle because Game allocate very little stock to the stand alone consoles, though other sellers differ.
https://twitter.com/ps5stockalertuk?s=21
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:01 am A friend with a PS5 took his daughters to a local cinema the other week. They were able to rent a whole screen, plug in the PS5 and play games for the afternoon. So cool.
Presumably not at all specific to the PS5?
Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:52 am Explanify please..
So, cinemas have been pretty quiet of late, so they were renting out a whole screen for people to bring their own consoles and stuff to plug into. As the screen in question uses a digital protector rather than old fashioned film it can display anything you plugged in. So he took his PS5 and gamed all afternoon on the cinema screen.
Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:27 am
Presumably not at all specific to the PS5?
Correct. Cinema provided an HDMI feed so as long as what you bought along had an HDMI out you are good to go. XBox, PS, even a PC I suppose. I'd like to try flight sim on it personally.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hopefully the cinema projector wasn't locked at the usual 24 fps.
As for the PS5 not sure there's any specific games that I like enough to justify it for me yet. I think VR has ruined me and anything non VR is a bit shit in comparison :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Can you put pron on the cinema screen then? :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:10 pm Hopefully the cinema projector wasn't locked at the usual 24 fps.
As for the PS5 not sure there's any specific games that I like enough to justify it for me yet. I think VR has ruined me and anything non VR is a bit shit in comparison :lol:
Just get a robot sex doll.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I’ve had 3 people message me about my pc after they’ve sold their PS5.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Colleague at work managed to order an extra PS5(disc) in the last Amazon batch, hopefully buying it off him tmrw 😎
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I hadn't realised until mine arrived but you can simply plug a PS4 controller into the PS5 and use that if you are so inclined; I needn't have bothered with a second controller (though I did switch controllers on Saturday while playing because the battery got low on one, so it might still be useful if you really prefer the new one).

Otherwise, I'm playing PS4 games on a same-size 4K telly in 1080 resolution; it's basically shorter loading times and some confusion as to how to get to the main menu options as yet :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'm keeping an eye out for one as I went back to my PS4 to play Disco Elysium and after a few months of using a series X the load times are absolutely intolerable :lol:. There isn't much that's got me interested as far as new games go though tbh.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They've hidden the option to close application, which I've realised is because you don't need to. Leave GTA online, put it in rest mode and when you turn it on and click the GTA game it switches straight to your last story mode position with no loading time at all. Must be in some sort of sleep state now.