PS5

Richard

PS5

Post by Richard »

Looks really good to me.

Interesting that they’re launching a digital only version too.
Richard

Re: PS5

Post by Richard »

Sideways
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah, and should be coming out this autumn. Ray tracing is a big plus. I think I’ll go for the one with the disc player as I quite like having a CD collection :oops:
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Having not bought a PlayStation since the second generation I find myself looking at the graphics quality on the press photos in a level of awe at how far it’s come along 8-)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

GTA V will be released on PS5 - that must be a first for a game to come out across 3 platforms continuously (as opposed to endless remasters) but the graphics on that looked dated compared to the other trailers. I wish teenagers would stop paying for those shartcards so that Rockstar will pull their fingers out and hurry up on the next one.
New Gran Turismo just looked like the old one too but that entire franchise has been disappointing for the last decade at least.
All the other stuff looked decent though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I was just having a think about how good a value for money consoles are. I bought my PS4 when it launched in 2013 and it will last till the end of this year if I choose to buy the new one right away.
Since then I’ve had the following phones:
iPhone 5, 6 plus, 7 plus, 8 plus, XS max :shock:
And in that period I’ve gone through one a few grand in PCs, including MacBooks a lot grand :shock:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 am GTA V will be released on PS5 - that must be a first for a game to come out across 3 platforms continuously (as opposed to endless remasters)
Elite came out on 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit (Acorn Archimedes) in its original form; the graphics were upgraded for 32 bit but the game was fundamentally the same.

Wonder if there are others?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I'm sure there are others, but usually over a shorter time frame. It feels like the 360 / one and PS3/PS4 era has lasted a lot longer than previous console life spans.
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:27 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 am GTA V will be released on PS5 - that must be a first for a game to come out across 3 platforms continuously (as opposed to endless remasters)
Elite came out on 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit (Acorn Archimedes) in its original form; the graphics were upgraded for 32 bit but the game was fundamentally the same.

Wonder if there are others?
Like Fortnite being PC/PS4/XB/Android/Switch with Crossplay?

No Man's Sky has now gone Crossplay between Console and PC too. Hope Elite Dangerous pulls their finger out and enables it too now.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

RobYob wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:03 pm Like Fortnite being PC/PS4/XB/Android/Switch with Crossplay?

No Man's Sky has now gone Crossplay between Console and PC too. Hope Elite Dangerous pulls their finger out and enables it too now.
I think they're more talking about games spanning generations of console in the same guise, but you're right crossplay is the future, even CoD has it now.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Also depends what you class as the same game.

You could play the original outrun on master system, megadrive, Saturn ( as part of a sega ages triple pack ) and dreamcast ( in an arcade cabinet in shenmue )

Daytona USA on Saturn, dreamcast, xbox360/PS3

Actual same game code of the game with tweaks for each system officially released as a stand alone product over several generations might be trickier.
Cheers, Harry
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

What we need is ED Odyssey on PS5, crossplay and with excellent VR. I might not need another game for a decade! :lol:
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 am GTA V will be released on PS5 - that must be a first for a game to come out across 3 platforms continuously (as opposed to endless remasters) but the graphics on that looked dated compared to the other trailers. I wish teenagers would stop paying for those shartcards so that Rockstar will pull their fingers out and hurry up on the next one.
New Gran Turismo just looked like the old one too but that entire franchise has been disappointing for the last decade at least.
All the other stuff looked decent though.
Weird that they started with GTA 5. I expect Rockstart paid A LOT of money for that.

The new GT looked like previous ones to me. Graphics on driving games are always excellent. I don’t think I can be bothered with driving games any more though, they’re all so good I think you can only really appreciate them with a wheel and peddles. And I’m not doing that
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Yeah, I was disappointed about the GTA V thing, but not surprised as they must be on easy-street in terms of making money on the online stuff.

Is the new Xbox expected to launch at the same time?

That version with a blu-ray drive is such a grudging, afterthought... "If we must"...

Actually, is the BR 4K? Might kill two birds with one stone if it is...
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ascender wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:19 pm
Actually, is the BR 4K? Might kill two birds with one stone if it is...
Yes
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Pricing hasn't been announced, first console to crack £500?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Xbox oneX already has true 4k blueray so I'd hope the ps5 has it!
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm Pricing hasn't been announced, first console to crack £500?
Didn’t the PS3 cost more? I remember it being ludicrously expensive at the time.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:16 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm Pricing hasn't been announced, first console to crack £500?
Didn’t the PS3 cost more? I remember it being ludicrously expensive at the time.
£425 at time of launch
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Sheesh! £750 then!

Unless they go the phone market route and crack a grand :o