Command & Conquer Remastered

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Command & Conquer Remastered

Post by Ascender »

Looks like this is due to be released tomorrow on Steam, so I think that's my work distraction for the next week or two sorted. Absolutely loved those games when they came out and wasted many an evening playing on LAN after work.

Anybody else going to pick it up and relive their near-youth?
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Re: Command & Conquer Remastered

Post by Simon »

It looks fun but there isn't enough hours in the day really to start including games that have barely moved on at all in the 'remastering', what with all the other games in our respective libraries...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I only liked Red Alert.

Although I did enjoy the overly-hammy acting they used to have on their terrible storylines they had in some. IIRC they actually had some well known names in them, plus some girls in tight tops just to keep people interested :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I was just thinking the other day I’d quite like to see if there’s a C&C app or something I could download and play. I really enjoyed Red Alert but the machine I installed it on went years and years ago.

I wonder if it’s available for Mac OS... *toddles off to check*

Edit: no it isn’t.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Loved red alert and c&c but I’m well tied up on Star Trek fleet command at the moment.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

There is no way I'm not buying it, so have had a preorder since the video that announced it.

C&C was probably responsible for slightly poorer A-Level grades than I should have got, and Red Alert probably contributed a lot to me flunking out of my engineering degree.

Have a decent PC and a 40" 4K display these days. Cannot bloody wait to play back through it all again.

edit - fired up Steam and pre-loading the 20-odd Gb now. Excited.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Total Annihilation and Earth 2150 were my thing. Are they getting redone anytime soon?

TA was the first game I played online IIRC - back in 1999 ish against a colleague at an insurance company I worked at. Happy days.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Had a look on steam, £5 so tempting but it doesn’t look like an especially great remaster, at least from the screen shots. Looks like they made the characters and buildings HD and the maps are still how they were. Don’t think I’ll bother.

I bought the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro remaster and it’s really odd how as I started playing it all came back to me and after a few hours I stopped because of it. In fact I do that to every remaster!
How about not having a sig at all?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Simon wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 pm Total Annihilation and Earth 2150 were my thing. Are they getting redone anytime soon?

TA was the first game I played online IIRC - back in 1999 ish against a colleague at an insurance company I worked at. Happy days.
TA was effectively re-done in the form of Supreme Commander (also written by Chris Taylor).
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:49 am Had a look on steam, £5 so tempting but it doesn’t look like an especially great remaster, at least from the screen shots. Looks like they made the characters and buildings HD and the maps are still how they were. Don’t think I’ll bother.

I bought the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro remaster and it’s really odd how as I started playing it all came back to me and after a few hours I stopped because of it. In fact I do that to every remaster!
Yeah, I'm going to have a look today because the screenshots aren't great but they say everything has been re-done in 4K res. So not sure...

Its maybe appealing because I can chuck it on this laptop and play in quiet moments from work rather than something I need to get the console fired-up for.
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Delphi wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:19 pm
Simon wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 pm Total Annihilation and Earth 2150 were my thing. Are they getting redone anytime soon?

TA was effectively re-done in the form of Supreme Commander (also written by Chris Taylor).
I really liked TA and TA-Kingdoms but Supreme Commander and the similar Planetary Annihilation haven't engaged me anywhere near as much. Probably just not having the free time to grind out massive complex armies anymore.