Model making

jamcg

Model making

Post by jamcg »

Bought this kit about 5 years ago and didn’t even get round to buying paints, never mind starting it. Couldn’t get correct paints from anywhere local so made do with what I could get hold of. Overall think it’s turned out well, even comes with decals to make the tyres mik spec

Details are great, particularly like the callipers and turbos

RobYob

Re: Model making

Post by RobYob »

Very cool!
mik

Post by mik »

Nice :geek:

How good do those tyres look? 8-)
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Cool, I'm currently starting the Iron Maiden Aces High Spitfire from the Legacy of the Beast tour, it's large scale so hopefully my knackered hand will be able to cope!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-Spitf ... Swa2dd1rYb
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

That’s a really cool set
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

jamcg wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm That’s a really cool set
Yep, didn’t even know it existed, I saw it in the background of a Killer Crew lockdown video on YouTube.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Good effort, I tried one a few years ago but no longer have the patience for it.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

One thing I’m not keen on with modelling is decals, so for some reason I picked a kit with 73 individual ones 😂

The results look alright, it’s an Italeri kit and my first of that brand- and possibly my last, it wasn’t the best quality with lots of excess swarf to remove and not a huge amount of detailed parts- there’s no engine at all for instance, and it’s not particularly cheap either
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Scale wise they're spot on, but they certainly don't go together like a tamiya kit. Amuses me that they obviously don't have the martini license so you get the two bits of the martini text in two halves which you put together to make the word :lol:
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:00 pm Scale wise they're spot on, but they certainly don't go together like a tamiya kit. Amuses me that they obviously don't have the martini license so you get the two bits of the martini text in two halves which you put together to make the word :lol:
The only martini bit that came in 2 bits was to cover the opening door, however there’s no martini branding on the box, but I think that’s more to do with alcohol advertising laws
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Fair enough, I think mine was the red 'San remo' version and that definitely had all the martini scripts sliced horizontally and not shown on the box or instructions.
Cheers, Harry