Re: Flightradar24 fans

Post by _andy »

They've found him, bad news I'm afraid :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-53051055
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

:(

When I was looking earlier I saw this Hawker Hunter. Searching the reg brought up a few websites that said it was sold as scrap in 2007 to be placed in a paintball center. Do you think they've got it flying again or could the reg have changed to a different aircraft?

https://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.u ... php?id=332

tim

Post by tim »

Aircraft registrations get reused.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

These 2 just did 2 laps round the garden :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

That’s close 8-)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My dad got a good video of them leaving, I’ll upload to youchoob.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Wow, I was once had a Chinook go over me at that height near Gaydon once, but was nowhere near quick enough to film it.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Looks impressive, and I've noticed helicopters always look smaller on a cameraphone than they do in real life.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm These 2 just did 2 laps round the garden :shock:

They were up here yesterday circling over the fields (alas not my garden :( :lol: ). I wonder what they're up to?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

There’s a lot of MOD owned woodland, the MOD sites by Dover castle and the MOD site round the coast by Hythe which they must fly between - at least I assume they do as they’re never on the flight websites but I do see lots of army stuff above those locations.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

We had an air ambulance land in the field behind our garden the other week. That was quite exciting.
IMG_2011 copy.JPG
IMG_2011 copy.JPG (208.44 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
IMG_2017 copy.JPG
IMG_2017 copy.JPG (246.37 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ It looks like a good bit of space there but they land those in some mad tight places 8-)

Just had at least three Apaches fly over (I say at least because from their positioning it looked like there should be at least four but trees got in the way) heading south at low level like in Mito's pics & vid. With all the rain over the last few days - and with more still to come - I wonder if they're looking for immigrant boats further inland.

Edit; and a Spitfire (headed southeast) 8-)
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm ^ It looks like a good bit of space there but they land those in some mad tight places 8-)

Just had at least three Apaches fly over (I say at least because from their positioning it looked like there should be at least four but trees got in the way) heading south at low level like in Mito's pics & vid. With all the rain over the last few days - and with more still to come - I wonder if they're looking for immigrant boats further inland.

Edit; and a Spitfire (headed southeast) 8-)
They go out in 3's on training flights - my old colleague Liz has a brother who flies them, one day he set a flight plan to take in the school, they arrived just during morning break coming in low, hovering behind the sports hall and then sweeping low over the school itself - was fucking epic, especially seeing the canon on the front moving as he was scanning to see his sister! Kids were WTF?!??!? so I told them it was the schools new anti-smoking detection - anyone sparking up would get a heatseaking missile bunged their way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol: Good info, ta 8-)

Having just seen the news that Macron was over and there was a fly past I wonder if it was all to do with that.

Also, on the news, I see that City Airport is to reopen; I've got used to the lack of traffic :(

Edit 20:51; something else military looking has just flown up the river toward London, looked like the size of a Sea King.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Saw four Apache's following the Thames just now but only one of them showed up on ADS. The Red Arrows didn't appear on it when they did a flypast over my flat earlier either.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I only ever see apaches in pairs around here, usually they show up but not when they’re really low.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

A Chinook did a low pass at about 3 but by the time I got out the house i only caught the tail of it going behind trees. Thought the roof of the house was coming down with that one :lol:
Hopefully it continues through the week.

According to the local Facebook group the French red arrows equivalent made a pass directly over the town in diamond as they were returning to France but we’re a few miles off so missed that.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:13 pm Interestingly, they do show up on plane finder
Sadly judging by the F15 that just went by, USAF stuff doesn't show up on plane finder either :|
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Some does, some doesnt. There was some thing rumbling around earlier and I had a quick look to see what it was as I couldn’t see it and it wasn’t on there.
Cheers, Harry