GTA V Bug.

scotta

GTA V Bug.

Post by scotta »

I have a bug with the GTA V map. Opened a support ticket with rockstar...

Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox One - Story Mode Play
cuprascott's request:
When playing story mode the map constantly grey's out as if it hasnt been discovered. Flying over the area or driving through the area re-discovers it but it keeps resetting to be greyed out.

April 19, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
Additional information. I have this issue on two seperate consoles. I recently purchased an Xbox one X and have this issue on this as well as my original xbox.

April 19, 2020
Steven S.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

Accept my sincere apologies for the delayed response.Your issue is still important to us, it is just taking us a bit more time than usual to respond.

We understand that you are concerned about issues with Grand Theft Auto V. We will be glad to look into this.

As a workaround we suggest you to clear temporary files and check whether the issue is resolved.Temporary files and data are often stored on the console to help the overall performance of the game. Unfortunately, these cached files can get corrupted over time which can lead to things like freezes, game loading errors or connectivity issues. Please Note: Performing these troubleshooting steps will not hinder your ability to play or delete any save data/progress you have currently made.

Steps:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until the Xbox One completely shuts down Once the indicator lights on the front of the Xbox One and the console’s power brick are off, disconnect the power brick from the back of your console Wait at least 30 seconds Plug the power brick back into your Xbox One and turn it on Boot up the game

Note: This will also reset your brightness setting and choice of language.

You may also visit Microsoft’s Xbox One support site here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one

We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience in this regard. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Steven S. Rockstar Support

April 21, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
I have this issue on two consoles. One was brand new out the box last week. It’s not a temporary files issue or the console needing a restart...

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Apr 2020, at 00:22, Rockstar Support support@rockstargames.com wrote:

April 21, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

Thank you for writing back to us.

As per your concern, we suggest you load the previous save and check the fix. Moreover, if you haven't progressed the game so far then you may try reinstalling the game (note: you may lose the saved progress)

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Best regards,

Barbara M Rockstar Support

April 23, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
I have done that. This is a totally new console. I have the problem in both this new console and my old console I still have. It’s not an installation issue.

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Apr 2020, at 20:07, Rockstar Support support@rockstargames.com wrote:

April 23, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

As per your concern, we'd like to inform you that you are facing issue while playing story mode, moreover, I'd like to inform you that story mode progress saved locally so its either your console/game settings or installed files locally which causing this issue, therefore we request reinstalling the game (note: you may lose the saved progress)

Best regards,

April 24, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
Given that I have completed the story mode missions and have over $350bn in money across the three characters this isn’t really much of a solution.

The issue is obviously in the cloud synced data since it’s followed me on to my brand new console. Do you not have consistency checks that can be run against the data?

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Apr 2020, at 14:54, Rockstar Support support@rockstargames.com wrote:

April 24, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

As we mentioned earlier that story mode progress saved locally so we have no control over it, however, if you think that there was some sync issue then we suggest to perform the below steps:

To do this, follow the steps below found on Microsoft’s site here:

Navigate to the Xbox One dashboard.
Hold down the power button on your Xbox One for ten seconds. The console will turn off with a different beeping sound than usual.
Wait an additional ten seconds while your console is powered off.
Power the console back on. It may take a few extra moments to start than usual -- this is normal.
The console will start and sign you into the dashboard. Check to see if you are still experiencing problems with the game.
If the above steps do not work, you may find that you have to reinstall the game. Whether you installed from a disc or from the Xbox Games Store, you will have to delete or uninstall the previous installation first. To uninstall a game:

Say “Xbox, go to my games and apps” or open My games and apps on the left side of the Home screen.
Select the game you want to uninstall.
Press the Menu button on your controller and choose Uninstall.
You can then reinstall the game by inserting the disc or downloading it again from the Xbox Store. To download the game again, search for the game in the Store, select the game, and select Install.

In rare cases, games may not fully install. If the installation process stops at or near 0% when you try to install an Xbox One game, try disconnecting from Xbox Live to complete the install. Here’s how:

Disconnect your Xbox One console from Xbox Live:
Wired connection: If you use a wired connection, just unplug the Ethernet cable from the back of your Xbox One console.
Wireless connection:
Go to the Home screen.
Press the Menu button on the controller.
Select Settings.
Note: You can say "Xbox, go to settings" from any screen, but you’ll need a controller once you’re on the Settings screen.
Select Network.
Select Disconnect wireless.
Power cycle your Xbox One console. To do this, turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
Note: If you don’t see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
Restart your Xbox One console and let the game install.
Reconnect to Xbox Live. Note: You may be prompted to install an update for the game after you reconnect to Xbox Live.

Best regards,

April 25, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
I have reinstalled the game. It didn’t fix the issue. Every reply I’ve sent for the last three emails details that I have reinstalled the game. To the point I have even tried a fresh reinstallation on a totally different brand new console.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Apr 2020, at 12:56, Rockstar Support support@rockstargames.com wrote:

April 25, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

Please send us a video of the issue that you are experiencing, ensure in the video your Gamertag is clearly visible along with all 4 corners of the screen. If the video is too long to upload to this ticket, you could add an unlisted video to YouTube and provide us with a direct link. Once we have the video, we will be able to investigate this matter further.

If you have any other issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

April 26, 2020
cuprascott's reply:

Video of the issue.

April 27, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

Thank you for sharing the requested information.

After reviewing the video, we can see that you need to unlock it by playing the game, as we do support in-game queries, you have to explore everything to enjoy the gameplay.

Best regards,

April 28, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
I have completed the story mode mission and explored every area on the map. The map periodically greys itself out. Playing the game is not the issue here.

Can this pleased be passed to someone that can help me with this?

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Apr 2020, at 17:41, Rockstar Support support@rockstargames.com wrote:

April 28, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

In order to assist you with this issue, we request you to check and ensure that your saved progress still thereafter completing the story mode mission. Moreover, we are unable to proceed further for the story mode progress which is saved locally on your system.

Best regards,

April 29, 2020
cuprascott's reply:
Im sorry but the above comment makes no sense.

Are you saying that you cannot fix the issue? Searching support forums this seems to be a common issue other users are experiencing as well.

April 29, 2020
Barbara M.'s reply:
Hello cuprascott,

We encourage you to please submit any constructive GTA Online suggestions and input that you have via the official Feedback website: https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback. Our team will review submissions and appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

April 30, 2020
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: GTA V Bug.

Post by Ascender »

Well done for sticking with that way past the point that any reasonable person would have tolerated :D
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Ascender wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:34 pm Well done for sticking with that way past the point that any reasonable person would have tolerated :D
That's the aim - keep suggesting the same solutions on repeat until customer goes away or it fixes itself. Also, add in "I've made a change this end, give it 24 hours to kick in then try it again"
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Matty wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:32 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:34 pm Well done for sticking with that way past the point that any reasonable person would have tolerated :D
That's the aim - keep suggesting the same solutions on repeat until customer goes away or it fixes itself. Also, add in "I've made a change this end, give it 24 hours to kick in then try it again"
Its chronic these days and even worse for someone who has more than a vague grasp of how technology works.

Only company I’ve had a good experience with recently was Apple - they let me explain everything I’d tried and the Irish lad then agreed with me that it was “fecked”.
Cheers,

Mike.